Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
McHauntDreams - do you remember (or can you tell from your pic) if the price on those busts of the reaper and the vampire are $19.99 each? If so, I 'm crossing my fingers that my stores get them in. And you said ( in your post on the other thread) they were textured to look like stone??
Yes, $19.99 each. I thought it was great for the scale and detail. Nice weight and good stone texture, finished with that super green paint that I guess is supposed to be moss. That was my only complaint... Don't like the overdone sunken-in-a-bog color that a lot of these come in. Would have to tone it down if I brought it home. :confused:

·
Registered
142 Posts
YES! CVS.com has added a few items to the site today, including the Pose-n-Stay skelly. With the %25 percent off "25SITE" email coupons, they're just $37.50 with free shipping. Cheaper than Costco, I believe. Just sprung for three since my local CVS was dragging their feet on putting out decorations and I doubt Ill find a better price until clearance sales. I'm sure more items will be added to their website eventually. If you want to check later and the link below becomes invalid, the halloween items are hidden under Household/Seasonal Decor.

http://www.cvs.com/shop/Household/Seasonal-Decor/_/N-3tZ13jm04Z2k?pt=CATEGORY

·
Registered
662 Posts
When I went the other day they had light up pumpkins, a floating ghost head, socks, candy, some wreathes, lights and a few stand up figures.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
OMG! You actually saw the Peanuts stuff? That's what I went to my CVS today to find but they didn't have anything out yet! Please tell me which Peanuts items you saw.
Peanuts stuff, like CB, Linus in his pumpkin...wait...I may be confusing Disney stuff with Peanuts stuff! I dunno!! I'll be back in CVS soon enough & will check. They usually have some sort of Great Pumpkin sorta stuff with the Peanuts kids though. I'll keep an eye out.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
My CVS has a cool 3' Animated Butler and 6' Reaper. They also got some neat-o peanuts stuff in.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
YES! CVS.com has added a few items to the site today, including the Pose-n-Stay skelly. With the %25 percent off "25SITE" email coupons, they're just $37.50 with free shipping. Cheaper than Costco, I believe. Just sprung for three since my local CVS was dragging their feet on putting out decorations and I doubt Ill find a better price until clearance sales. I'm sure more items will be added to their website eventually. If you want to check later and the link below becomes invalid, the halloween items are hidden under Household/Seasonal Decor.

http://www.cvs.com/shop/Household/Seasonal-Decor/_/N-3tZ13jm04Z2k?pt=CATEGORY

Thanks Kelly_A for the heads up. For some reason I haven't received that email from them yet. I have the butler guy and the reaper from last year and both are great props. Also have a few of the PNS from Costco. In my area they were 34 something but still that CVS sale price with free shipping is awesome for those who haven't picked one up yet. All really nice items on sale! I always shop in the store with my rewards card, never ordered online. Do people have to have a rewards member number to order at those sale prices?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Stopped by CVS this morning and saw this great looking crow. Grabbed it and then went to 4 other stores trying to find a second one. The last store I hit had one. I like the pose they have and they'll look great in our witch scene or graveyard. Used a 25% off coupon on them .

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The Real Joker, CVS is going to be listing halloween items in this coming week's ad (you can see on their website--they list current week and coming week) so I'm sure halloween will be out by Sunday when new ad starts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
always shop in the store with my rewards card, never ordered online. Do people have to have a rewards member number to order at those sale prices?
I don't know the answer to that. I got the rewards card solely to get the email coupons for halloween. I was logged in when i purchased the three P-n-S skellies but I'd assume the "25SITE" coupon code I posted would work for anyone buying from CVS.com.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Had the time today so decided to head out to CVS. Figured a lot of people would be hitting the store this weekend. First store not stocking yet, second store working on it-- they had the eating crows with their neck bent (6.99) so went for it without using my rewards 25% off purchase coupon hoping to use it for something larger. Third store said they had been putting halloween out for 3 days and still had a ton in the back to go out, and they had quite a bit out.

The candelabra is really nice quality for 19.99. Very heavy as well, not cheap plastic. Doesn't work for a floating candelabra due to weigh I am sure, but for a display, very nice. They has 2 Pose-N-Stay skeletons out, a number of the scarecrows-- I really like the look of him and wish he was on display, nice at 6 ft--had the butler, the reaper who this year has a lit lantern in his hand, there was an adorable Mickey and Minnie Mouse maybe 2-ft guys, a standing witch leg lit prop. I could go on. Only took a few pics because there was so much to see. What I wanted to see since I already had the crows (and they had those as well) was the Villafane pumpkin arms (9.99 for a pair).

I decided to ask and as chances were I asked the manager. She said she just unpacked them in the back and hadn't put them out yet. So I got lucky and ended up buying 4 pairs with my discount. Think they had 8 boxes of them. I was going to buy 2 packages and the vampire bust, he has a Try Me and the inside of him lights up red. Nice effect. Thought he would complement the green Medusa lady with red eyes from last year. The vampire is made of a plaster like material. After feeling the Pumpkin arms however (Villafane designed box so you could reach in and feel the texture), I decided to put back the vampire and get 4 of the arms instead. They are really cool. I don't know what kind of material they are made of, maybe silicone based, but while weatherproof and bendable, I would be hesitant to put out in the hot sun. The fact they are bendable makes them so versatile.

They had a talking lantern that was pretty nice. The frosted glass portion when the prop is triggered has a face that comes up and talks. Similar effect to the Urns we've seen over the past few years. BTW they had Peanuts items as well as Disney.

CVS rocks this year. Thanks Jdubbya for the photos that got me in the car today.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Set 3:

Minnie is carrying a pumpkin tote which you can't really see from this picture.

That's it. I did see my first Gemmy masks BTW. Some of you may have read the thread a while back that Gemmy bought out a halloween mask company. Forgot who now. Anyway that was an interesting thing to notice today. There was so much to see today at this CVS and the manager said that they had quite a lot to still put out and she had Christmas stuff to start putting out as well.

I did sign up for my double rewards that run 9/16 thru end of year on all purchases. Won't help now but all the halloween items I buy now will get me a reward later. And as a rewards member I periodically get $5 coupons, and also like just this week a 25% off my purchase coupon (up to $99 BTW) which I used today, a treasured coupon because of the potential savings. Plus when you scan your card at the scanner in the store you get coupons as well. Typically I get one or two halloween mdse off coupons during the September-October timeframe.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Would you please stop taunting me with those busts?!:p I want that vampire even more now... Thanks for the photos, GoS;)

21 - 40 of 62 Posts