Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a Walgreens and RiteAid thread but not a CVS one. Could swear I've seen CVS mentioned this year.

Has anyone seen halloween out yet at their CVS? Photos to post? I was in a few days ago but still nothing here and tried two stores. Candy but that's been it.

I'm a rewards member and just got an email today on what I've saved there and it also had a 20% off entire purchase coupon enclosed (thru Sun. 9/15), so worth opening the email. I really would like to use it for halloween items so hope they'll stock soon. I thought someone had mentioned Pose-N-Stays returning again, although I'm set on them, but a good use for the coupon. BTW the coupons are tied to your reward card and you only get one applied to you card so their program works differently than coupon codes where you could shop with multiple coupons and go to different locations.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
The only items that I have seen are leftovers of the 3' butler and a single candleholder (spider and gate), both from last year.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
My CVS hasn't had figures for years. They have some lights out, some cute Peanuts stuff, glitter stuff, some candy, not as much as they used to have. When I was there last week they didn't even have a lot of candy out & had yet to clear out back to school stuff.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My CVS is fully stocked. They have another cool life size Grim Reaper this year plus the Butler from last year. Not too mention 2 really cool looking light up busts. One being a vampire and I can't remember what the other one is. I swear the drug stores have better selections than most anywhere else does excluding Spirit of course!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
One being a vampire and I can't remember what the other one is. I swear the drug stores have better selections than most anywhere else does excluding Spirit of course!
MC HauntDreams' post shows them; the other is a Reaper. Pretty much, and throw in Marshalls/HomeGoods and, to a far lesser extent, Michaels and JoAnn... From what I have seen, Walmart's and Kmart's offerings truly stink:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, if you are a rewards member, sign up for the double rewards program now. I did it last yer and got some extra coupons as a result of my halloween shopping. Got an email on it last week I think.

If you get a flu shot, time it so you can take advantage of the 20% off shopping pass you get when you get your shot. I think a number of the pharamcies do this so I'd say see what they have that you want in which store and get your shot in the one tht gives you the best deal.

@@Thanks for the photo link Garthgoyle. I see he says it was only partially stocked...but way more than my stores. I zoomed in on the busts. Kind of looks like the Target busts from a few years back. I bought a reaper that looks like the one in the photo. Target also had a devil and one other one style. The butlers are cool. Have two of them. Also have the 6-foot reaper from ladt year. Good buy as well especially if you can get on a discount.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 9/15 - 9/21 CVS ad has halloween items in it!

You can view either this week's ad or the upcoming ad when on their website for advanced planning (good for making sure your coupon can apply or not, usally doesn't apply to sale items just like Michaels). Just checked out next week's ad and there is Halloween featured in it, Page 2. Guess that means halloween should be stocked by the end of the week.

I like the 6-ft talking scarecrow. Might use my 20% off coupon on it on Sun 15th while the coupon is still good. The 5-ft tree is nice looking and have to admit while not an airblown fan, I do like the pumpkin reaper. The WOW! prices in their ads BTW are not sale prices, just CVS' regular discounted price. The only thing on sale next week is the autumn candle, fall decor, and the indoor/outdoor lighting.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Our CVS has more than in previous years. They have the pose & stay skeletons ($50), a 6 ft reaper, a scarecrow, the 3 ft butler, plus the usual assortment of lights, candy, etc.
Love the skeletons and I am tempted but I doubt I'll give up $50 for one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Checked my CVS today not much but the busts. Check out the website though pose n stay $50 with free shipping.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My CVS hasn't had figures for years. They have some lights out, some cute Peanuts stuff, glitter stuff, some candy, not as much as they used to have. When I was there last week they didn't even have a lot of candy out & had yet to clear out back to school stuff.
OMG! You actually saw the Peanuts stuff? That's what I went to my CVS today to find but they didn't have anything out yet! Please tell me which Peanuts items you saw.

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
OMG! You actually saw the Peanuts stuff? That's what I went to my CVS today to find but they didn't have anything out yet! Please tell me which Peanuts items you saw.
Mine only has dry roasted, chocolate covered, and extra salty right now :D Sorry for the cheesy humor - had to put that when I read your comment - plus had a few margaritas with mexican dinner tonight.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Here are the pics I had posted in another thread.
Skull came home but may go back for more.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Here are the pics I had posted in another thread.
Skull came home but may go back for more.
I added a link to your other post earlier, but your idea is better;)

uh oh, didn't realize the forum had a scratch-n-sniff capability.....sorry about that.
It is the silent-but-deadly farts that my aunt and uncle's gassy dog lets loose that truly need apologizing for... Tear gas has nothing on the mutt, so be glad that I cannot send that lovely odor through the Internet:D;)

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
McHauntDreams - do you remember (or can you tell from your pic) if the price on those busts of the reaper and the vampire are $19.99 each? If so, I 'm crossing my fingers that my stores get them in. And you said ( in your post on the other thread) they were textured to look like stone??

1 - 20 of 62 Posts