Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first year putting together decorations for my yard as up until now I have lived in the country and had only one guest per year. Attached is my plan for the house as I'm now in the city. Measurements are not set yet as I haven't got out in the yard are see what I have to work with. However, I think what I have planned will fit with plenty of room. Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think you setup is really good. Love the effects and props you plan on using! I wish you the best of luck. Keep us updated on progress.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ambient lighting - led candles,pumpkins @ tombstones/graveyard
Nice layout can't wait to see your pics
Thanks guys!!! There will be flickering candles at the beloved site. However, I'm not sure about any other light or color of light I need some help with that. I plan on using a strobe and placing it behind one of the stone (I'm thinking behind the misc stone on the right of beloved or behind beloved) pointing back at the two green ones.

·
Defender of Blucky Honor
1,051 Posts
Looks good, I agree with matrixmom, lighting. I have found that no matter how awesome your display is, if it does not have the correct lighting it does not get noticed.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,117 Posts
Something else to consider that I noticed last year and depending on where you live, MAKE IT LOOK OLD. Dead leaves, dead branches, abandoned look. I didn't do that because where I live its always green! So this year my father has saved for me a huge barrel of dead dry leaves, and has spray painted black some large branches of some trees that he has trimmed. Let the grass grow....my hubby gets irritated but oh well, only 2 weeks or so like this....

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
very nice work should look great with some lighting!

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Maybe someone already suggested this but you can put lanterns in front of the tombstones. Moreover, I've always liked putting either red or orange flood lights facing the graveyard. I love the other suggestions especially the creepy fence posts by jmowbray.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys!! I'm looking for ambiant light suggestions. I plan on making some candles out of PVC for around some grave stones.

Also I just made the big purchase!!!! I just got a DG-747, 2500 lumen projector. I'm using it for the home theatre but will also bring it outside for the setup OF COURSE!!!!!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts