Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great Garage Haunt! I am doing a first time garage haunt this year and I have a couple of questions for you about the PVC pipe frame. What size PVC did you use and did you glue it into the holes in the 2 x 4's? What weight black plastic sheeting did you use and how did you attach it to the PVC on the top and the 2 x 4 frame on the bottom. Did you have any issues with it reflecting light and being too shiny? Any other tips? Sorry for all the questions but starting on my garage this week ;)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Great job! You disappeared for a while there after posting the start of your build a couple of years ago. I'm glad you came back and showed us how it turned out. Bet the kids loved it.

What were those round things in the dot/blacklight room? Pool noodles?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We wrapped the black plastic over the PVC pipe and tapped them down, on the floor we use a staple gun to staple to the wood. The dot room has been a huge success the past three years so last year we added the pool noodles wrapped in the same blk plastic to add a little 3Dish element. The dot are just florecent stickers. The main thing that is missing in the walk through is the live people we have hidden all around like in the white room with someone dressed all in white he was really hard to see with the strobes going off. The dot guy in the dot was a fan fav as he moved around and was never in the same place. We also had a laser vortex that you really can't see from the lights on video. This year we are adding a clown room and making the maze larger. The one in the video is done 21'x21 all of the cross bars on top are 3'x3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts