Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that CostPlus World Market has posted their Halloween mdse online. Here's the link: http://www.worldmarket.com/search.do?query=Halloween The mummy cats, The Spell Book Treat Jar, pumpkin bark? wonder how that tastes, Skull Cheese server set, their coffin treat boxes, and the monster plates would be among my "want to see" items. Hope they will all be in the store.

BTW when you signup to be a member you will get a special coupon for Friends and Family days, nice % off. And as I recall it happens shortly before Halloween so comes in handy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up! I checked their website last week and didn't see any Halloween so this is great. I've bought quite a few Halloween items from Cost Plus over the last few years. They usually have a pretty good Halloween set-up.

·
Queen of Halloween
4,246 Posts
I can't tell if this is the same Cost Plus that we use to have here years ago :eek:

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They use to be known mainly by the name of Cost Plus. They are kind of like a Pier One but they carry wine, coffee, teas, and food items as well. Lots of decor items and kitchen, dining and cooking items. They have some furniture just like Pier One. A few years back they wanted to highlight their World Market name since their products do come from all parts of the world however they are still known as Cost Plus World Market. I always like to see what they have and their prices as decent. Sometimes some fun stuff. If you are wondering if they are the same place you remember from a while back, do a location check.

·
Queen of Halloween
4,246 Posts
Hmm, I don't think it's the same. Don't exactly remember furniture and from what I can remember, it wasn't like a Pier 1. I remember them having very cheap prices! And My mother always went there for birthday cards. I'll have to look into it

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hope they have some better stuff in the stores than what is shown online. I don't see anything there that's a must have. I do love their selection of Halloween wine and beer though. We found some great wines to give as prizes last year, "Zombie Zinfandel" and "Trick or Treat Chardonnay". The labels were great. I was just there yesterday and saw some cute Ouija board mint tins.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought some of those mints from them last year! Loved the tins. If you look through my albums I have some photos identified as Cost Plus so you can see what they have had in the past. They use to carry some larger props and still kind of do but are like many stores that have cut back on those kind of items unfortunately. My favorite items I have bought from them were probably the old skeleton in the Jack in the Box, dangling skeleton string lights (have added to my collection each year and hope they still carry them this year), and the rats on the hanging ladders (part of their pirates theme one year). Oh and I got these great giant Frankenstein head containers made to look like they were carved out of stone. I wish I would have bought this metal cage prop and the doctor prop they had but it was sold out when I finally drove back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yay! I LOOOOOVE all things World Market.

I called my local store and the manager said most WM's won't have anything actually on the floor for another two weeks. Drats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts