Halloween Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to have a candy buffet at my second annual Halloween Bash on Devil's Night. I bought some glass containers at Goodwill, Decorated the pumpkins myself and made the skull candy dish. The candles holders in the background will hold white candles that will bleed red, the two tiered spider trays will hold Jack Skellington cupcakes, and the spider cake plates will hold my coffin brownies. I am also going to make some of the mini bite sized chocolate brains, which I will bag individually and put in the skull candy dish. The low flatter glass dish will have the left over stuff from last years bags. The other glass bowls will also have individually wrapped candies.

I am thinking on mini 3 Musketeers, Mini boxed Junior mints, and some individual wrapped skittles for the smallest candy dish.

Now after all that...

What other candies would you think would work for the large tall/size containers I have?

Is the display pleasing to the eye?

I would love your opinions. Table Room Pumpkin Furniture Interior design

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Yes, it looks awesome. I'm going to attempt a candy bar too. I'm having a Carnevil theme so i'm going to put things like orange/cherry slices, jelly beans, twizzlers, circus peanuts, m & m's, etc..and i HAVE to have candy corn! I was going to use mini ladles and tongs with some small containers. Do you think that will work? I've never done a candy bar or been anywhere that has had one so i'm kind of clueless.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Ghouliet, I think your set-up looks terrific. I have those same little spider tea-light holders and use them every year on our dining table.

offmymeds, your carnevil snacks sound fun too.

For my pirate theme this year, I plan to have lots of chocolate gold coins and snack bags of "Pirate's Booty" on hand for the kids.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Off my meds, Most of my candy will be wrapped and if I put licorice sticks in one of the tall ones, I will put an small pair of tongs with it. As for the things that are wrapped I figured they could just use their hands. For the chocolate brains I am making I have small plastic bags to wrap them individually. before I put them in the candy dish. I researched on the internet about candy buffets. Here are several things they said to put on a buffet...
Candy Buffet Ideas

Tip #1: Color Coordinate Your Candy
Tip #2: Have A Mixture Of Sweet, Salty, Soft, and Crunchy Candies
Tip # 3: Purchase Your Candies In Bulk Online For Savings
Tip # 4: 15 to 20 pounds of each of ten candies.

Tip # 5: Set in clear containers/Containers do not have to match

Tip # 6: Place on table at different heights
Tip # 7: Add a flower arrangement
Tip# 8: Decorate the table to a theme

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Good tips for the candy buffet. Thanks!

What about the sour licorice sticks in different flavors for the taller containers? I think they have them individually wrapped in a large container at Costco maybe.

Also, could go with lollipops.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
That is going to be a lovely candy bar. I have done them in the past and my only suggestion would be to add a color theme for cohesiveness. Since it is often difficult to tie in color with the candy itself as is often suggested on sites, I find you can do the same with the table cloth, some ribbon around the jars or nice spooky labels, and decor. If the table cloth, decor and other little tid bits match then it doesn't matter if the candy does. Good for you for getting such a head start on all of this. I also like to add a chocolate fountain to my bar at the end :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
WOW. Another thing to add to my to do list. I really like your design. I think I am going to do the spooky labels.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spooky labels won't work on all my glass containers because a couple of them do not have smooth sides. However I might put some placecard holders near them with their "names".

·
Suburban Sorceress
753 Posts
Love it! I agree with Spookillicious Mama - use a beautiful tablecloth to color-coordinate everything together. Since you already have some orange in the pumpkins, maybe use classic orange and black? Orange or black sparkly tall pillar candles would look great in your tall jars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
For tall candies, I love rock candy! Plus you can get it (or make it) in a great orange. Or purple, green, black... it's the candy of many colors. If you put it candy side down, the guests will be able to just grab the stick, which should help with the grubby fingers issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts