Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be a collection of props ideas experiment for this years walkthrough haunted house. The theme is Eternal Evil. Any ideas you have to contribute to this project would be appreciated. Its set in an old victorian style house, much like Disneyland's Haunted Mansion.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The name is killer to begin with. I think the lore that surrounds haunts and the people that occupied them are fascinating. If there is a walk up or even a waiting line I would have storyboards with old newspaper clippings showing the tragedies that happened there.

The house needs an original owner who is the primary antagonist or victim. Then the props or actors can put a name to the faces.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking like a caretaker as the main character. The full name of the haunt is, The Wilmont Estate: Eternal Evil. The queue line will probably have hay bays with old newspaper clippings stuck to them like you said. I'm going to also have the whole front of the house decorated and there will be a lightning effect with audio, that will correspond with the lighting. I feel like the classic haunted house is the best way to go. I like how theres so many things that can be done prop wise. I'll post pics of props this weekend.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I use a caretaker (or some variation of it) as my "icon" or main character every year for my yard haunt. I highly encourage it. The whole idea behind this one, sinister man causing chaos... I love it. Let's face it, what scares people in the Halloween season is: 1. Death and 2. The unknown. Throw those two together and you get a "caretaker" of some sort.

I'd have boarded up windows and keep things in the front of the house very dull and ominous. Almost deserted-looking, which will give it that creepy, "what's inside of there?" feeling. Storyboards is definitely a way to do it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Eternal Evil

Props peering out of the windows partialy obstructed by boards and sheer curtains. Done so you really need to be looking at the details of the front of haunt to see. I allways love the slightly hidden details.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Props have been being pumped out of my workshop. I'll post pics soon. I'll start building the 20 wall panels needed after Vacation in August.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts