Halloween Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Nice pics Skulkin. I really like the blacklight effect with spiders better than the strobe I did with mine. Also that last spider is wicked!

I agree with Bubbles, it's far better to get the props half off. That's how I got the jumbo spider and the drop-down one. Don't think I would have gotten them otherwise.

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i wanted to go shopping the say after Halloween but was unable to. i was able to the day after the day after but they had already sent all their stuff back. I was not happy. I suppose the only choice i have is to stay vigilant.

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
MLuther, curious how long it took you to weave your spider's web?

Last year Costco had a terrific giant spider I was eyeing but it sold out within the first week or so and I didn't even have a chance to look at it again let alone see it if got marked down. I think yours look great BTW.

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
lol, i didn't make those. intended to use those guides to make them though. i'll let you know when i get around to make them though.

woot for just finding out i have to spend 30 bucks on sealant for all my props except the webs!

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I just thought of a new prop idea for my spider haunt. using a wiper motor i could rig up a spider and make it go up and down and up and down and.....................(does anyone know why the forums won't let me edit my posts on here?)(except for apparently this one)

·
Registered
301 Posts
spiders

Spider pods were made of grocery store bags stuffed with pine cones, tied up and placed inside a knee high, then wrapped with webbing and tied up. We glued spiders on the outside. The yellow color we added at the last minute to get it to glow better under the black light. We were trying to be cheap. Pine cones/bags were free, knee highs were .25 cent a pair from walmart.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/picture.php?albumid=793&pictureid=9118

http://www.halloweenforum.com/picture.php?albumid=793&pictureid=9121

We hid an actor inside the box to come out and scare the kids as they walked through. There was also a sound activated drop down spider that came down right in front of their heads. We also had a motion/sound activated cocoon that moaned and wiggled.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/picture.php?albumid=793&pictureid=9119

It's simple. We just ran out of time. We can play on the idea some more for this year.

HTH
Kaye

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My parents will be getting join compound for some holes in our walls and i'm going to use the rest of the joint compound to do the spider egg sacs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very nice idea Halloween Mom!

Depending on how large you want it, I guess you could use the small inflatable bouncy balls you can buy at walmart.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
I just thought of a new prop idea for my spider haunt. using a wiper motor i could rig up a spider and make it go up and down and up and down and.....................(does anyone know why the forums won't let me edit my posts on here?)(except for apparently this one)
You could make like a flying crank ghost rig and have a few spiders going up or down. The other option would be to make a dangling crank spider like this.

Here's a pic of the giant web we built using 1/2" rope. It's approx. 12' x 12' in size.

Every year my neighbor seems to find a big ole stuffed animal someone is throwing out and ties it up in the web for Halloween. Last year we found a big Winnie the Pooh tied up in the web as the spider victim.

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i had thought of the dangling crank spider but i hadn't thought of multiple. lol, i'll have to try the stuffed animal thing.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts