Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang.

A couple of pics for you all to see what I'm wrapping up for the 09' season. I wanted to work on some more tombstones, these are very time consuming. I also did the pvc candles for the Beloved tombstone from last year. I could use some help though on TWO things.....

First the candles and a "Broke Sailor"

On the "Dog House" any suggestions on color, texture....so on?

On the "Lost My Head", it is base painted in bronze, what suggestions are there for aging the tomestone? I thought about painting the lower half traditional grey and keeping the upper more of the bronze look? I'm not sure I like the bronze, it looks like a big chocolate easter bunny...?

Thanks for the input and help, be honest I can handle being told I suck! :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow, you have been busy! One minor detail that I'm confused on is if he was never found, how can his body lay there? Could just be that I don't get it...and granted I'm not that bright! hahaha.

I think that you should paint the bottom traditional grey like the walls in this picture:

This was from my trip to Cuba...such inspiring cemetaries there...
And then age the top with rust and copper coloured paints, with the bronze as a base...

·
Registered
76 Posts
What did you paint your candles with they look incredible? Also, where did you find the lights to put in the top? I am having a tough time finding any flicker candle lights that will work.
Everything looks fantastic. The detail you put into everything really sets them off. I wish I lived next door to you so I can just watch how you do things. Keep the pics coming. audible

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did you paint your candles with they look incredible? Also, where did you find the lights to put in the top? I am having a tough time finding any flicker candle lights that will work.
Everything looks fantastic. The detail you put into everything really sets them off. I wish I lived next door to you so I can just watch how you do things. Keep the pics coming. audible
I used a flat white spray. I used comon tea lights, bought mine at Costco...28 for $13 with spare batteries. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job on the tombstone its great to see some realistic aging. If you want to keep the metal look, I'd go with a more rusty color then add some green to give it the aged copper look. You can buy a kit at Lowes to acheive this look for under $10 but you might need 2 for the entire project.

I will have a look at lowes. I ended up painting the lower half a more tradition granite look and left the upper and epitaph bronze. I will bring in green for the bronze and use some reds and rusts for run off over the granite. Thanks again.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
I like them...epecially the dog house...would look great near our dogs' graves outside

1 - 10 of 10 Posts