Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some additional finial fencing in the summer and was able to expand the size of my graveyard. I got some grief last year for being too cluttered and 'tacky' as a result. Well, the kids loved it! Anyway, bigger cemetary this year.

Still have the 50' spider web, gangway, singing skeletons, hallowindow, treasure chests, pvc candles all yet to go out. Coffin still needs to be staged too.

I think I'm happy with the location of the ship facade.

YouTube - 2009 halloween Early setup

And here are some static shots.

View attachment 6916

View attachment 6917

View attachment 6918

View attachment 6919

·
Registered
355 Posts
I like the shipwreck..that's really cool looking!! Everybody is making me so jealous!!! LOL I can't wait to put my stuff up but I'm afraid of things getting taken or ruined this early.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dirt mounds

simple, cheap and they add so much to the graveyard. When halloween is over we will just rake them across the grass and it will help to give us a nice lawn in the spring.

Hard to argue with that one.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
My kudos too on the ship. Looks great and not done in a way I would have thought of myself. Very effective and a nice entry way to your house. Especially nice with a pressure mat trigger. Look forward to checking on your progress.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
day 3 setup

The pressure mat will go at the end of the 21' long gangway both of those won't go out until close to or the day of halloween. Although I'll probably put it out this weekend for a few minutes just so I can take a few pictures. Mostly because I can't wait to see how the gangway, entry arch and ship all look together....

3 Axis skeletons are done, they were put on my deck for now, if the weather holds on halloween they will be at the end of the driveway....

YouTube - Geiger-Wolf 2009 Halloween day 3 #1

And some more of their routine....

YouTube - geiger-wolf 2009 Halloween day 3 #2

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
setup is mostly done

The little stuff like the treasure chests the foggers, the dry ice cauldron, all still to go out, and the automated stuff, like the steering captain needs to be connected, but other than that it is pretty much all up now. Here is hoping for good weather on Halloween!

And here is a brief preview of the night view with most of the lights hooked up....

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
boy oh boy was that amazing. i loved everything but at night i think you need just a little more lighting. you have so much to show off and i think it's lost in the dimness. so like your ship, pirates, graves, gangplanks, all of it, that would be something to see. wow! oh, and you made comment the spider is on a pulley so as not to scare the little kids, well, you can add big kids to that to. i would so scream if that came down at me. where did you find one that big that wriggles like that. that is so scarey. gives me the shivers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vandals and night lighting

We did have vandals on evening in the graveyard. I use the rebar into the ground and then just had pvc hot glued onto the back of the styro gravestones. They jumped my little fence and grabbed what they could which was only the $10 tombstones....

So I bought some plywood, and used some glow in the dark paint to fashion some new epitaphs, and voila...As those were out of plywood I bolted them onto the rebar, so after that nothing went anywhere, and the animatronic skeletons don't go out until the night of.....

I agree that the video doesn't make it look very good at night, but that has way more to do with my camera than the actual lighting. The tots and the parents that came got to see it all pretty well. Altough next year I'm putting the gang way into two rows. Rather than being just one longer section (it is build in four pieces) I'm going to have an entrance and a separate exit path. We kept having traffic jams on my gangway.

Thanks for the comments.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
yeah, that is to bad about yoyr vandals. it really gives one a tough feeling about putting more out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
true vandals are a pain

But the expensive stuff is either chained down or not out until the night of, and it gave me an excuse to make some of my own tombstones with my own epitaphs instead of just RIP.

Now I have...

Vandal B. Ware
He took our stuff he had no class we got medieval on his %&$

Admiral Myra Mains
I told you my shoes were killing me

Capt. Paul Tergeist
Hey yall, watch this

Fester N. Rott
I really am between a rock and a hard place

They are just simple plywood painted gray with orange uv paint for the epitaphs, simple easy fun and way better than the foam RIP ones from the store.

Not like the art work some folks create out of foam, but I was in a hurry, and I find that kind of detail is often lost on the trick or treaters...

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Geiger, that was an awesome set-up! I love UV, can't get enough of that Black Light! I bet the kids loved it.

Good work, man.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts