Halloween Forum banner

which theme do you think i shoud dfo next year?

• Toxic Waste/Nuclear Bomb Facilty

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Curse o the Mummy

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Western Ghost Town

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time picking one of three themes for the 2009 haunt. I want to either do an egyptain mummy theme, a toxic waste facitily theme or a western ghost town theme. Which idea do you like better?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I Voted for the curse of the mummy theme. I've always been a fan of Egyptian history and I think there's tons of cool props you could do. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, I like the idea of the mummy running a toxic waste facility in a western ghost town!
Think about it...Mummys remind me of ancient past, ghost towns are from our not so distant past...but toxic waste, isn't that what we are living in right here right now?!!! Tough choice really...I guess I'd have to opt for the toxic waste theme.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Yo. Nikanap, you appear to be new at this. My advice, for what it's worth...Don't fall into that "Theme" trap. If it's scarey, go for it.

In years past we've had such divergent scenes as a Werewolf cage, a Vampire Crypt, a Mad Scientists Laboratory, Mrs. Bates' Parlor, a crashed UFO, An Egyptian sarcophogus, and even Michael Jackson's Bedroom!!

I've always felt that a theme would be repetitive and restrictive.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I voted ghost town, but hold on to that Mummy theme, you can use that for another party!! :D

Wow, it was tied at 5 votes each until I voted. How close is this poll!?

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Voted "Mummy", because you could tie in the Mummy theme with some other scary ancient/older traditions like a Mayan human sacrifice, Chinese water torture et al or someone waiting to be drowned by being buried in the sand up to their neck on a beach and theme it "Scary History 101". At any rate, all the choices have lots of possibilities, so have fun!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I voted mummy.... because I'm hoping to add a room next year. I want to put down sand on the floor, I have an idea for "rocking" stepping stones (like temple of doom stuff), skulls on overhead spikes like the ceiling had come down on past explorers, maybe some air scares, fake snakes etc you get the idea. (or even go Jungle/Mayan like We'en12amEternal suggested.
And the scare... fur out the walls about 6 inches, cover with rigid foam insulation carve hieroglyphics paint gold or stone looking, cut out "silhouettes" of scare actors. Make up (we're now using air brush) and dress to “match” walls. Scare actors are now partially recessed into walls and “come alive” when patrons pass.
:eek:

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I voted mummy.... because I'm hoping to add a room next year. I want to put down sand on the floor, I have an idea for "rocking" stepping stones (like temple of doom stuff), skulls on overhead spikes like the ceiling had come down on past explorers, maybe some air scares, fake snakes etc you get the idea. (or even go Jungle/Mayan like We'en12amEternal suggested.
And the scare... fur out the walls about 6 inches, cover with rigid foam insulation carve hieroglyphics paint gold or stone looking, cut out "silhouettes" of scare actors. Make up (we're now using air brush) and dress to “match” walls. Scare actors are now partially recessed into walls and “come alive” when patrons pass.
:eek:
cool ideas...have you thought of putting the candy on a stone pillar, then when the ToT picks up the candy, it triggers a pop-up of some kind. Maybe have a giant beach ball painted to look like a stone that can drop on their heads :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did the toxic waste theme last year and had a great time with it! We had more ideas than we could fit into the time we had available to build. We did get a toxic waste barrel and a "nuclear reactor" done. TOTs really loved the whole 'quarantine' theme. Check my website for a few of the ideas we ended up with (the Bonnie Haunt). Good luck with whatever you decide!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts