Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been slowly working on this for a while and it is finally looking like it may be ready for Halloween this year.

Frank

Progress:

4/26/2009

7/29/2009

8/03/2009
(Teeth will be cut down more after I shape the gums)

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is one of my all time favorite movies. Frank used to scare me so bad! But honestly great costume idea I am really looking forward to seeing how it turns out! P.S. If you haven't take a look at the official Donnie Darko Website they did a Really good job on it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Shamefull - but I have never seen the movie. But that mask you are making is REALLY spooky, and its really a good copy of the one in the picture! I cant wait to see it all put together.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've never seen anyone do Frank for Halloween and always thought it would be awesome. If I didn't have such an aversion to fursuit costumes (I'd feel like I was roasting heh) I'd want to do him. But I doubt I could do near as well as you with the mask.

And I'm with Loki... those "contact" scenes with Frank were terrifying.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
8/11/2009
Gums added, painted with primer.
(Still need to trim teeth, and use filler primer to eliminate paper lines)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10/21/2009
Mask is finished.
Still working on the rest of the costume, but all fabric and accessories have been acquired.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have sworn to do this costume for so long now, and every year I just dont start it in time.

This looks FANTASTIC, a truely great job.

One little piece that i've always wondered,
how do you see with it on??
what type of material did you use, or have you slits??

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the compliments.

One little piece that i've always wondered,
how do you see with it on??
what type of material did you use, or have you slits??
The actual mask has slits, but I went with a scrim material soaked in Stiffy and molded over plastic Easter eggs for the eyes so it would be hard to tell how I am looking out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great job! I'm not really a fan of Donnie Darko (I have my problems with the film), I know a good Frank when I see one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I must say Death Dealer when I saw this thread I thought " Oh, just someone showing off the Frank costume they bought at the store " I'm glad I clicked on. Brilliant job on the costume and great job on the papier mache! Just WOW!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was scared of that bunny in the movie, and I'm scared of that bunny now. You will most certainly be putting fear into the hearts of children everywhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
very awsome... Im gonna go watch the movie now!

·
Registered
74 Posts
So months after finding this thread and find myself watching donnie darko. I remembered this thread, and must say your costume turned out AMAZING! honestly that is somethin to be proud of. I am tottally amazed and impressed by how eveything turned out. Congratulations

1 - 20 of 20 Posts