Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, first time poster here. i have been following this forum since last halloween and LOVE everyone ideas and tutorials...i'm definatly going to be busy over the next few months.

My theme for this years party is horror movie...nothing original but this will be the first year with a theme for me so am looking forward to it.
So far we are looking at doing the graveyard with a burial ground in the middle (pet semetary) having jason (friday the 13th) lurking in the shadows, the bathroom will be a makeshift backyard hospital with body parts in the bath (urban legends), mrs lovetts kitchen theme, a body covered in spiders (aracnaphobia), and my alien thrusting out of a chest (alien).

I have most of it under control but i need help with the kitchen side of things. i have done a search for sweeny todd and mrs lovetts in the forum but couldnt find what i wanted...i was thinking lots of different little flavoured pies, some murdered cupcakes i just stumbled across on here (they are awesome ...love them) and will be redoing some fave foods from last year such as witches fingers and devilled demon eggs..

1. any more ideas for food that could 'belong' in mrs lovetts kitchen or the barber shop as that will be right next to it in the dining room
2. how to decorate the kitchen????? this is my biggest worry.

thanks in advance as i know all you creepy twisted people will have lots of gross and horrid ideas......

bring on hallowwen 2009!!!!!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Darkfaith. Sounds like an exciting plan you have! Regarding the decorations for the kitchen, would you still be preparing food and cooking during the party? The concern is the extra decorations hanging in and around the stove or warming trays.

You could have large wooden cooking bowls and laddles, butcher block with a cleaver and slab of meat (maybe a pigs head), old dirty bottles and large glass jars for storing stuff, dirty windows, etc. Add some old framed pictures. Hang vegetables from various places. If your so inclined, get some foam board and paint and make some faux stone or wood window frames. If you don't need the sink, splash some black and grey water-based kids craft paint in it and the faucet to make it look dirty and old.

Turn off the overhead flourescents and place some victorian lamps or oil lanterns to provide lighting. If you have an available nook, place a blue or red light behind something to sillouette it. Or just attach it to the pots and pan rack and point it up at the ceiling. Drape and tie back black or grey curtains at the entrances.

Can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Darkfaith: I usually let my kitchen be the only 'undecorated' room- it's also the only room with electric lighting (candles in all other rooms). In the kitchen I serve desserts, people vote for the costume contest, and there's a PowerPoint of previous years' costumes.
I just released a new Halloween book called Adult Halloween Parties- check it out; it may help with your party planning!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds good to me. I will have to think of things that could be added to this and let you know of what I come up with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
warrant2000, thanks for the welcome :)

the only food that will be cooked during the party will be reheating the pies in the oven so will not have to worry about things hanging over the stove. i probably wont decorate the stove persay but i love decorating my kitchen. our loungeroom is small and we had a mates dj system in there last year so we keep our food in the kitchen. the decorations add to the atmosphere of the gross food i concoct..lol. i love the idea of the windows, may be a job for hubby this year.
Last year the lounge room and kitchen were just 'decorated' but no theme so am excited about this years theme. i am the only person obsessed...yes i can admit it here...with halloween in my town but my guests are great and all came dressed in costume last year.

mmm meat cleaver, that will give me an excuse to try out a tutorial i saw on here.......

thanks for the replies guys!!!!!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I absolutely loved Warrant's ideas, especially a big chunk of vaguely human-looking meat and the cleaver on the butcher block. If you could find a pizza paddle (you know the flat wooden thing you get things out of big ovens with) that would be a nice touch in the pie kitchen. Since Mrs. Lovett was a rather slovenly girl (God Bless 'er!) the dirtying of the sink sound great. It's late and I'm tired, I'll think more on it and see if I can have a brainstorm. Great theme, and welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you here!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the ideas guys, have been keeping my eyes out for old lamps and pizza paddles and other old kitchen gear like a big mincer and meat cleavers
so far for food i'm doing, different flavoured pies a couple with fingers sticking out of them. murder cupcakes, devilled eggs with an olive or something else to make eyeballs. freaky fingers, dried rotting flesh (pizza sticks). rotting carcass cake with rats, i thought that would really gross people out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts