Halloween Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time for Shirts – A little different this year!

The original thoughts/plans for the design of the shirt went a little off – So "Plan B" should end up working great for many.

The shirt this year will be made with user submitted artwork
(similar to what we had done for a couple of years).

Instead of the pre-order process that we have had the past few years, we are going to have our shirts provided through cafepress. This means that once our design is selected, a few days later they can be ordered and they will be shipped right out from cafepress (world-wide).

The design will be available on most of the products that they have such as shirts (black shirts/white shirts), hats, sweatshirts, hoodies etc.

Prices will be base prices. There will be no mark-up on these products so that they can be as cheap as possible.

CafePress ships world-wide.

The design may be FULL COLOR including photorealistic.

Please submit your great artwork. I really appreciate it!

DESIGN SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
(please help spread the word that we are looking for designs)

We need a design for the front and for the back of shirts. You may submit up to 8 designs for consideration.

Shirts sold will be solid black shirts, white shirts, and possibly other colors.

Each design must include a HalloweenForum.com logo / HalloweenForum.com text in ruben font. (download font below).

Front Image Size:
11 inches x 11 inches (size can be approximate)

Back Image Size:
11 inches x 11 inches (size can be approximate)
Accepted Formats:
.PSD file (with all layers / Not Flattened) or
.Tiff (with all layers / Not Flattened)

Colors:
Designs will be FULL COLOR printed on both black and white cloth. So as long as it looks good, there is no limit to the amount of colors

Resolution:
Images should be 300 DPI
Lower quality images cannot be used as it will result in poor quality merchandise.

Submission Deadline: 07/31/09

How to Submit:
Email your designs at [email protected]

Design Selection:
The community will vote via poll to determine which design(s) that we will utilize. The voting shall begin within 1 week of the submission deadline. Voting will commence for 7 days.

Additional Important Information: Only submit legal material. You must have the right to submit artwork for use/must not be copyrighted. We will provide design winner a HalloweenForum.com free shirt (your choice). We will also be happy to give you full credit for the design including link to an appropriate web page in our newsletter as well as when appropriate and possible. If your design is selected: You grant
HalloweenForum.com / Safe Site Central exclusive use of design. We reserve the right to use the design for promotion and other merchandise and alter if needed. Your name and other info should not appear within the submitted image(s).

Anyone feel free to PM me or reply to this post with questions/concerns/comments.

Next year may be different. This is the best solution for this year :D

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Can anyone vouch for the print quality of cafe press? I ordered a shirt from them years ago and it was about as quality as an iron-on transfer. Fell off after a few washes. I've heard similar complaints from other people. Has anyone heard similar stories? Or has cafe press improved their printing process?

·
Registered
84 Posts
found this on amazon.com

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CafePress.com

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Walken 2008, November 1, 2005
By explosivo (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
Cafepress is quickly handling all of their previous issues and becomming the definative site for buying unique/custom designs. They now offer the buyer a choice between direct printing and heat tranfer so you dont have to worry about fading. I've bought a bunch of stuff but my most recent purchase was some Walken 2008 bumper stickers from the link above, and they actually turned out better than I expected. Resolution was awesome and the colors matched perfectly. Im a cafepress costumer for life. A++

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have used cafepress over the years.

They used to be very bad quality. A couple of years ago, the changed their methods and the quality improved a lot.

Last year, I bought 3 shirts and they all still look perfect with no issues.

The reviews that were longer than 1-2 years ago are not relevant as they have improved since.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Fantastic guys, thank you! I feel very reassured now. I can't wait to get one of these! I know one of you ghoulies will come up with something I will love to wear. Thanks Larry for setting it up :)

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Larry, do you reccomend the heat transfer, or the direct printing?
Some people prefer heat transfer. I prefer direct printing when possible as it generally lasts longer (opinion)

However, heat transfer the old-school is not nearly as good as the newer ways.

·
Registered
540 Posts
CafePress.com - IslandCryptKeeper's Testimonial

I've been using CafePress for years. I have dozens of stores, and I've ordered about 50 products from them. Most of the shirts I've purchased have been excellent quality and I count them among my favorite clothing. One time, I received a shirt that was of not-so-good quality (misprint?) and I wrote them an email. They refunded me and let me keep the shirt. In my experience, they've always been excellent in their customer service. Their products are of a very good quality, and they offer a service that allows organizations to order shirts/apparel in a new way that keeps us from getting stuck with a box of extra small T-Shirts that nobody wants. I was actually thinking earlier today that I should suggest this to Larry. Looks like great minds think alike :D

I've also been superbly happy with their bumper stickers. I'm a bit of a bumper sticker nut, so I've ordered dozens from them. I've always been very pleased with the quality of the products, make sure you meet, or exceed their recommended dpi and you'll get great products.

I was actually working on a new design before I read this message, I just posted it at CafePress.com/ThisIsMyHearse

·
Registered
120 Posts
The price point on the cafepress custom stuff seems pretty high? 24.99 for a T-shirt?

Have you considered Customink.com? My price point on my t-shirts from them are $11.45 each. Toss in shipping and you at $14.00 each.. A hoodie- $19.55 instead of $34.99. Only problem is- they will not direct ship to multiple locations. You would have to get a pre-paid order from each member, size and then ship from your location.

The more items you order the cheaper it is per item- get 50 lets say and now your t-shirt price is below $10 each.

Just a thought?

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, no posting designs in this thread? Also, some of my favorite shirts are just black and white. Are you looking for color only?
Submit any art that you wish that fit the criteria. 1 color is fine. Members will vote for the best design.

The price point on the cafepress custom stuff seems pretty high? 24.99 for a T-shirt?

Have you considered Customink.com? My price point on my t-shirts from them are $11.45 each. Toss in shipping and you at $14.00 each.. A hoodie- $19.55 instead of $34.99. Only problem is- they will not direct ship to multiple locations. You would have to get a pre-paid order from each member, size and then ship from your location.

The more items you order the cheaper it is per item- get 50 lets say and now your t-shirt price is below $10 each.

Just a thought?
We normally have done shirts this way prior. However, due to many requests this year (and that the season is almost here), I have chosen a solution that ships directly to members including those in most countries that also offers other products.
Actually, the base price for white shirts start at $8.99 on cafepress. I went to Customink.com and the shirts black shirt with full color actually are more expensive and take longer to ship. It seems that may be a good solution for some things, but not for this. Thanks though.

I am new to the forum this yr so I have not seen the shirts from the past, does anyone have some pictures of the designs so I can see what has been done before?
I will post some of the old designs soon. For the moment, you can use the search functions and search for things such as 2007 shirts etc..

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.