Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's never too early to start thinking of ideas. I usually know Nov. 1 what I'll be the following year and Nov. 1 I decided.....

I think I may go back to my classic vampire, but try to do it more sexy, but comfortable as well. I would like to use clothes I already have (lots of black anyways). I may have to see if I still have my fangs also and redo them, if not need new ones. I would even like to get my hair black, may try the manic panic stuff. If it doesn't wash out right away that's ok :) If not I'll dye my hair closer to my more red color cause I'm for sure fine with that.

Start posting what you're thinking :D

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I don't have a clue. I have a black corset I'd really like to incorporate somehow. Thought about being a witch again this year, but who knows.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I will do what I did last year only a little different. Last year I found a great old victorian wedding dress and dyed it gun metal grey. I was a glamour ghoul/ hostess. So this year I am already on the look out for my next great gown. Last year I had a fabulous train and everything. Im looking for something similar only this year I think Im going for a blood red big ball type gown with lots of beading I hope. Funky Hair andmakeup...we'll see, who knows I may go in looking for one thing and come out with something completely different. Either way I know I will be hitting the consignment shops. I spent 20 bucks last year and got a fabulous gown. Go into any costume shop and you can easily drop 75 bucks or more and come out with just a few yards of cheap material, so I will definately stick to the consignment shops:)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I already know my plans, but that doesn't mean they wont change. I am going to be goth/punk. I want a black wig with bright red streaks in it. I am going to get fake guaged earrings from Hot Topic and a fake spiderweb tattoo. I am still deciding on black contacts.

It'll be perfect since my everyday attire includes a lot of pink and is very girlie.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I was thinking of doing Tiffany(Bride of Chucky). I am a huge Chucky fan, and whilst I am not keen at all on Seed of Chucky, the rest of the films are magnificent! Plus, Tiff is a babe! :p

now.....the thing that's bothereing me would be the big puffy skirt again, as I did this with my 'Phantom' costume this(well, 'last') year. :( O.K, it would be white rather than black like last time, but it's still too similar!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have always wanted to do a Phantom Of The Opera costume...I think i'll add that to my projects for 09. I love Tiffany from the Bride Of Chucky! She IS a babe Haha!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I was thinking of doing Tiffany(Bride of Chucky). I am a huge Chucky fan, and whilst I am not keen at all on Seed of Chucky, the rest of the films are magnificent! Plus, Tiff is a babe! :p

now.....the thing that's bothereing me would be the big puffy skirt again, as I did this with my 'Phantom' costume this(well, 'last') year. :( O.K, it would be white rather than black like last time, but it's still too similar!
That would be a great costume.

I have all of the films. Tiffany was played by Jennifer Tilly a great looking actress.

I think that you would be a hit with that costume for Halloween!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The Joker Nurse

With budgets tight , I am hoping to be the Joker Nurse for next Halloween as shown in the picture.

The outfit and wig would not be that expensive. And plain socks and a pair of keds.

The most difficul;t part ( but not expensive) would be the joker's makeup.

So, I shall check it out.

·
Registered
487 Posts
that joker picture is awesome... I'm not quite sure yet what i want to be ... either vampire or i was really impressed by some of the forums alterations on wedding gowns and was thinking of buying one and vamping it up really grungy but elegant... now nobody go steal my idea...lol j/k

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
We may finally have a Quentin Tarantino party this year for Halloween. We have been wanting to have one for so long. We may just finally do it.

The costume possiblities are endless. I was thinking either Mia Wallace (Pulp Fiction) or maybe going with Kill Bill, either The Bride or Gogo. I just can't decide!
OMG fire what a great idea!! Quentin is on my list of favorite directors/writers. How about a group costume of Reservoir Dogs?? You would make a FABULOUS bride. Now where to find a bright yellow jumpsuit???

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm not so sure yet about mine. I hope for a yard masoleum, so some sort of just dead "Lady", but have a hooded cape and have face and throat make up all mangled looking. Normal vs. Surprised ghorror.
But of course we have mostly the under 5 croud so a dummied down version would be best. Any suggestions other than white face and blacked out eyes anyone?

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
We're doing Vampires this year, and I already want bigger fangs. I got the subtle scarecrow fangs, but I'd like to try the full size ones. I'm not much for being subtle with my Halloween costumes. My husband wants to do the Gary Oldman Dracula with the grey suit and top hat. I haven't decided what kind of costume I'm going to do yet, just a vampire. With BIG fangs.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Vampire.... again. But I'll have other costumed for partys. One will be punk rock freddy and than I'm thinking the mad hatter but something kinda tim burton style. I cant wait till october :D

·
Vesta
1,390 Posts
OMG fire what a great idea!! Quentin is on my list of favorite directors/writers. How about a group costume of Reservoir Dogs?? You would make a FABULOUS bride. Now where to find a bright yellow jumpsuit???
Thanks Hooch!And the Reservoir Dogs idea is great!

We're doing Vampires this year, and I already want bigger fangs. I got the subtle scarecrow fangs, but I'd like to try the full size ones. I'm not much for being subtle with my Halloween costumes. My husband wants to do the Gary Oldman Dracula with the grey suit and top hat. I haven't decided what kind of costume I'm going to do yet, just a vampire. With BIG fangs.
What? No Twilight vampire costume? :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
We may finally have a Quentin Tarantino party this year for Halloween. We have been wanting to have one for so long. We may just finally do it.

The costume possiblities are endless. I was thinking either Mia Wallace (Pulp Fiction) or maybe going with Kill Bill, either The Bride or Gogo. I just can't decide!

I cannot decide either... Crap ! why is Halloween only ones by year!!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
that joker picture is awesome... I'm not quite sure yet what i want to be ... either vampire or i was really impressed by some of the forums alterations on wedding gowns and was thinking of buying one and vamping it up really grungy but elegant... now nobody go steal my idea...lol j/k

Hey Vamps I did a wedding gown last Halloween!! Found a great deal on an old dress and dyed it gun metal grey. Was a glamour ghoul! Not so grungy but fabulous:) I have pics on my profile page if you want to check it out.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I will do what I did last year only a little different. Last year I found a great old victorian wedding dress and dyed it gun metal grey. I was a glamour ghoul/ hostess. So this year I am already on the look out for my next great gown. Last year I had a fabulous train and everything. Im looking for something similar only this year I think Im going for a blood red big ball type gown with lots of beading I hope. Funky Hair andmakeup...we'll see, who knows I may go in looking for one thing and come out with something completely different. Either way I know I will be hitting the consignment shops. I spent 20 bucks last year and got a fabulous gown. Go into any costume shop and you can easily drop 75 bucks or more and come out with just a few yards of cheap material, so I will definately stick to the consignment shops:)
yep...I got a great wedding dress for $10 at the local Savers Thrift store last year.

I've got the pattern and the material to make my reaper robe/cloak but don't have a clue how to sew. Maybe I can just duct tape it together on the inside

1 - 20 of 45 Posts