Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a very long shot, but in either 2009, or 2010, Tuesday Morning carried a line of Halloween snow globes with vintage style scenes in them, and black glitter instead of snow.

They weren't the traditionally shaped round globes though, they were "concave" circles, like a pocketwatch, and only the front was glass, the back was black.

Does anyone remember who made these? I am trying with no luck to find one on eBay. I used to have one, and have forgotten exactly which scene it was...I didn't have it for very long, unfortunately. I'd love to buy another, but they haven't carried them since then, that I have seen.

Thanks for any info. I apologize if this should have gone in the props section, but I didn't think it really qualified as a prop.

Additionally, I think that I may have posted a photo of mine here, way back then. Is there a way to pull up the photos that we have posted ourselves...like search for our own photos within threads, without having to find the exact thread or exact page of thread, etc.?

That would be ever so helpful to me in my search for the things that my ex husband trashed, that I am trying to replace, such as this snow globe.

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
LairMistress, I don't recall them but will look through my old photos. If you think you took a picture of it, can't you go back through your album. I know I've tried organizing my shopping by years to make it easier over the years. I'm not aware of any ability to search for photos on here. You can look through the shopping thread for Tuesday Morning for those years though. Hope you find what you are looking for; and I'm sure if someone else here remembers them, they'll help with a photo if they have..

Looked through my albums from then and nothing. Didn't see a store thread for them back then either. The only other thing I can think of would be to look through the general Shopping thread for 2009 and 2010. 2010 was something like 100+ pages though. Yikes. Wish I could help more. Part of the problem might also be that back 5-6 years ago, fewer people had cellphone camera and posted photos here.

Here's a link to the 2010 general shopping thread: http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/90296-2010-halloween-sightings-stores.html

Back in 2009 think these were the generic thread for shopping:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/78138-first-halloween-sighting-stores.html

and this was the what did you find or buy thread under a different title: http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/79967-show-off-your-purchases.html

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you SOOOO much for the links, GoS! They are my only hope. I didn't utilize albums much here until recently, so it's not in mine, unfortunately. I will keep looking until I find it. I've wanted one ever since I realized he took it out of my packed stuff (which he did with a LOT of my decorations!).

Thanks again!

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Since you said you thought you might have posted about it, assume with other text posts, I did a search for your user name, set it for General Halloween area and oldest posts first. Don't think it was 2009 based on posts, but there were more posts in 2010. Maybe it was later than that? If the search I did maintains the results here's the list I came up with:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/search.php?searchid=2102787&pp=

I tried searching for Tuesday Morning, snow globe, snowglobe, but no luck with those keywords. I used Flickr before setting up my albums here. Any chance you did something similar?

·
Registered
14,078 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LairMistress, could it have been any of these Tuesday Morning halloween snow globes posted by Bellelostdrake? I'm thinking they might be????

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/101229-2011-halloween-mdse-sightings-stores-33.html Scroll down the page to see.

If they are at least you will have a photo to show what they looked like. Doesn't look like Bellelostdrake purchased one and can check the globe unfortunately.
Oh yes, that's them! I don't know if I had the Jack o'lantern and black cat scene, or something different. I was thinking that mine was less colorful. I wish that I could remember who produced them. Ive tried some of the vintage reproduction lines, like Bethany Lowe and Johanna Parker, but no luck. Seeing the other two here though, maybe they're not amongst a vintage line.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can only hope. :) I just wish that I could remember which one I had. It may have been the Jack o'lantern and cat one...I wish that I had my own picture. I haven't really looked yet because those threads are so long, but someday when I have more time, I will do that. I don't know how active I was here at that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts