Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Looks great! :)

I have a pumpkin choir this year also, using my LOR. I want some ambient sound effects/music playing. Are you going to run your show constantly or have some "down time"?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great! :)

I have a pumpkin choir this year also, using my LOR. I want some ambient sound effects/music playing. Are you going to run your show constantly or have some "down time"?
I've got 5 different songs set up that will be running pretty much back to back on Halloween night. I'll put in a few second delay but not too much.

Right now I just pick one song and put in a 5 minute delay between loops so I don't drive everyone too crazy around here.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Yeah, I would like to know what board you are talking about too. It looks great and a lot of fun. Something for me to try over the winter if it's not to complicated.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wonderful girlfriend is to blame for this... she bought me a k47 board last year for christmas. Little did she know the can of worms she was opening up.

The software is VSA 3.0. It's kind of clunky at times but it gets the job done. I tried several methods to get the software to pick up the pulses but none came even close so I've done them all manually since then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW!! I've been playing with VSA 4.0, I've tried and tried and tried and can't get anywhere close to what you've done..... any chance you'd be willing to share your VSA routines?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
i am so jealous of you guys with all those light show and pumpkins singing , next year i need to make this my priority display .....

you display of pumpkins is very cool kids will love it and so will the parents , great job

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am so jealous of you guys with all those light show and pumpkins singing , next year i need to make this my priority display .....

you display of pumpkins is very cool kids will love it and so will the parents , great job
One big suggestion I can make is to start very early. I did most of the programming early on in the year so I wouldn't be all stressed out if it came down to crunch time. This also gave me plent of time to trouble shoot any problems at my own pace. If I had been doing this in October it there might have been a string of pumpkins flying out my front window.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
One big suggestion I can make is to start very early. I did most of the programming early on in the year so I wouldn't be all stressed out if it came down to crunch time. This also gave me plent of time to trouble shoot any problems at my own pace. If I had been doing this in October it there might have been a string of pumpkins flying out my front window.
humm flying pumpkins now thats a new idea LOL :D:D

i have my plan aleready started for next years display , been buying props this season aleready for next year theme lol , now i need to figure out what i buy that will be easy for me to use as an electronicly prop challenged person to makea light show display and then figure out the cost of all this :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts