Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I made it through another year of the Haunted Trail. 1.2 mile journey through dark jungle filled with horrors and fear. The planning began back in July, and took 3 months to put it together. Featuring 9 main areas. 1)Tiki Village - White skulls linned the road down to 2 tiki huts framed with tiki torches. A witch doctor and other spooks waited for their victim's heads. 2) Hillside haunt - on the side of the trail at the top of the hill, a tree of skulls back lit by eerie glow stood tall. Suddenly a skull flys out from the darkness behind the skull tree. 3) Pumpkin patch - a row of lit pumpkins line the path, with 4 scarecrows alternating in between. Spirits lit with strobe lights fly over head in the trees. Fog rolls out from the jungle, suddenly 2 of the scarecrows come to life! 4) Spider Web Tunnel - The jungle becomes covered in webs, forming a tunnel. Strange insect noises can be heard from with in. When you are halfway through the tunnel, 3 giant spiders drop down from above to sit eye to eye with you. 5) Crime Scene - caution tape blocks the path and marks off an area. As you go under the tape, body bags could be seen linning the path. Blood soaked. A gaint beastman come barreling through the jungle and grabs one of the bady bags, and drags it back into the jungle. One of the body bags errupts with a person screaming and grabbing at you. Another crazed man runs out with an electric saw, chasing and screaming. 6) Hell Raider Tent - you've seen the movie, now enter the tent. Red lights, flashing strobes. Hooks, body parts hang from the celing. A strange obilisk sits in the middle covered in runes and barb wire. From behind the obilisk appears pin head, holding his cube. 7) Executioner's Row - You are greeted by an hooded man with a scyth. He invites you to witness his toys in action. First a man gets electrecuted in an electric chair, foaming at the mouth. Next the gulliotine drops and severs a head. Lastly a screaming man gets pushed from the gallows, to be silenced by death. 8) Graveyard - in the darkness amongst tombstones, a coffin sits open. A figure slowly riases from the coffin. A zombie busts from the jungle behind you, clawing at you. By then the figure from the coffin is apon you. Together they chase you up the hill towardsthe last tent. 9) Last Tent - creepy music can be heard from with in, lights spilling through the flaps. Screams and chuckles echo down the hill. Apon entering the tent, chains and bloodied strips hang in your way, as you walk through the maze. Bloodied children emerge screaming and clawing at you. Finally, in the last part of the tent, a manaic with a saw is cutting away at his latest tiny victim. Untill he sees you. Screams ensue and more chasing. The end.
We ran it for 5 nights, fri-sun the weekend before Halloween, and thur-fri of Halloween. we had a great turn out, everyone had a blast. My only regret, is I didn't get to take many pictures or any video this year. Due to some other complications, we ran short of actors, and I got to fill in full time. Other then that, it was worth the 3 months prep/build time and long nights running it. I will post what pictures I do have. Hope you enjoy.

Haunted Trail 2008 Pictures

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Muffy - Thank you. Oh yes, they did enjoy themselves. Lots of things waiting for them in the jungle. I hope you do end up convincing your neighbor into doing the trail, it's naturaly spooky. We had to contend with the threat of rain constenly, but it held off every night untill we were done, and had all the props stored.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Streakn - Thanks. There were 5 of us that came up with the ideas. They worked out great.

Frenchy - Thanks, that's the main reason we picked that jungle path, most people are already scared before they start! :)

Jfiffick - The pumpkins were paper mache (shredded paper & 2:1 water & woodglue), cut to design, and then painted with different coats of outdoor latex paint. Some tea lights were thrown in, to make them glow. I really wish I had some low light night shots of the pumpkin patch, it looked great. Mabey I can find one of the guides that took some, then I'll post 'em!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, no luck on the low-light night pictures, just more pictures with flashes. Oh well, there's always next year.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Amazing Dramb. The location look is perfect ! Beautiful but creepy. I envy those that have or have access to property like that ! Wow! Looks like you had some great stations and scares too. Alot of hard work ! Sound like you and your crew had a blast and I am sure that your guest were completely hauntedly happy ! Everything looked great !
Thanks for sharing I enjoyed !

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cylonfrogqueen - Thank you very much. It was hard work setting up, but I enjoyed being out in the jungle at night. Almost pitch black with the new moon and cloud cover. Mostly everyone who went through had a great time, not to mention the people who worked it are still talking about it. As long as the rain held back we were good. A hard thing to have happen during typhoon season.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
OMG(s) ... LOL !:D:D:D:D:D
Dramb I did not even realize you were in Guam !!!!!:eek:
THAT , is even better ! Halloween Haunting in the trails of Guam.!
That is sa-weeeet !

Yup....Hurricane season for us too, here in Florida.
The summer storms reeakkked havoc with my prop building and drying times..
and ....had rain for my party. What what the hell..... No complaints....
it was all ( well, almost all) FUN....

Kudo to you .......now question. Is there Halloween supply stores available to you....or do you have to order stuff on the internet? Don't know a darn n thing about Guam other than my Dad was stationed there back in the late 40's I believe. He said there was nothing really there , at that time, but a naval station with a basketball court. Guess its changed, huh?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cylonfrogqueen - Oh tell me about it. The humidity alone set the drying times of our props back by weeks. Glad to hear you pulled your props through as well. Looks like you did a great job yourself. Kinda tough building props anyway without added complications of weather. It just makes you try that much harder for halloween!! Guam is actual quite built up now. It's a vaction spot for japan. There is an airforce base here also (where I am stationed at). There is a K-mart that sells supplies, both the Airforce and Navy base sell also. There is a store called The Underground Dungeon that primarily sells Halloween props. For the outlandish props we gotta order them or build them ourselves. Halloween is huge here. The Chamarro (locals) love Halloween, they decorate everything.

Mistress of the Abyss - Thanks. When I leave here, it'll be back to street lamps and headlights..... I'll miss the darkness!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts