Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi all, here is the for the video of my halloween display. Most everything worked well, but there are a few things I will fix for next year. The main thing is the lighting. Had too much in some area, and not enought in others. For example the spider victim could have used a light on him/her.

Also the singers need to be synced a little better. Will work on that with audio software for next year. Wow, seems like I should start right after Christmas. our company is closing down for two weeks during christmas and New Years, so maybe I'll get started then.

YouTube - Halloween 2008

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Okay, That is just insane! Where to start. So much action. Did you make the 3 axis skulls?
How is the lid sliding back and forth on top of the crypt? Details man! Details!
Awesome set-up. The kids had to be going nuts!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Did you make the 3 axis skulls?

Yes, with a lot of help from other posts. Used Bucky’s, and copied the plate detailed by Graveyardmadness.com. Each head has 4 servo's, one for the jaw run off of Cow's board, and the other four run off of EFX-TEK prop2. Many changes I plan to make.

How is the lid sliding back and forth on top of the crypt?

The sliding coffin just uses a 6 rpm motor from Granger. The idea for the crank arm I got from Phantasmechanics Online and their methods of aluminum crank arm construction. Made this last year and used it again. Unfortunately I used foam for the construction, wanted it very light. I don't think if will last for next year. Will just have to redo it. The Granger motor is no longer available, and the closest one is $50. I bought that one last year for $13. First little guy I made cry, until I took off my mask.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
ok thats is SO COOL , brilliant !!!! (wanna be my neibourgh ? lol)

i love everything ,your one of my favorite display i seen this year , all the animated things is just awsome to look at , the moving lid crypt with fog coming out , the quartelet (quartet sorry speling)? singing AND moving is so cool , that spider victim voice is just so neat too , the grim over the garage door singing , the other one talking the flying ghost skelly talks , so much going on it is just great to watch.

GREAT JOB :) again one of my favorite this year .

(ps i forgive you for lack of lighting ;) )

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Witch. I live in an area that has about 300 homes, everybody told me that I was the only one doing anything this year! That was very disapointing to me, so yeah, I may move. Although moving to Canada, get's cold up there dosn't it?:eek:

Looked at your pictures, and I love the old style hearse. One of the things I'm thinking of doing, so many projects so little time.

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
That was great! So much animation and fascinating to watch. The opening crypt is cool with the fog rolling out. The moaning skeleton FCG is a perfect turn on the traditional. The reaper on the roof.... The whole thing was just awesome. Enjoyed the video very much!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Whew! That's alot of animation! I only did one skull this year so I can only imagine how difficult it must have been getting all those skulls working, talking, singing!
Love the guy looking down from the gable and like the others said, the moving coffin lid with fog was fantastic!

MsM

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Holy awesome animation! I wish I had just once ounce of creativity like yours. Love the moving coffing with the fog coming out, the singing quartet, the story telling reaper, maoning FCG...................EVERYTHING!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts