Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I came across this old cauldron in my area on an internet yardsale site. The guy says its about 200 years old and is 1 foot and 1/2 tall. Weighs about 40 lbs as well. I'mthinking I may be able to get it for 50 bucks. I'm thinking this would be really awsome for a new witch prop. I'll post a pic. Any suggestions? ThoughtS? Think I should get it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
For 50 bucks I'd get it, I would say well worth it. I put a mister in mine to get that foggy look. It comes with lights ,which add to the effect.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
I'd jump at the chance to own this one at that price (even if my wife tells me I can't put witches in a graveyard as it's hallowed ground)!

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
My friends mother has one in her front yard that I have been trying to get for years. He said its cracked in the middle. His grandmother had it in their front yard. I don't know how old it is. His mothers doesn't look that cool though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought it this morning, and yes, it looks so much better than the plastic ones.
Theres not a crack or a hole in it. Its in pretty good shape for the age of it. I'll
have to post some more pics of it later on. Now I guess I really have to finish
molding my static witch head!

Oh, and thanks for all the feedback! :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
oh god you're so lucky. 50 bucks is a steal for something that beautiful. I've been looking for one for actual practices but nothing in my area. Great find, definately show us what you do with it, thanks for posting!

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
That is an awesome find! I would love to know the history behind it. Did they tell you anything about it? Sorry - my inner history geek is fighting to get out right now! ;)

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
That is an awesome find! I would love to know the history behind it. Did they tell you anything about it? Sorry - my inner history geek is fighting to get out right now! ;)

I am with Madame Leota. OOOOO what kind of story is behind that wonderful piece? Witchy woman or just plain jane and her farm family.
Sorry late on posting, but that is a nice piece to find and will be wonderful with you static witch your building.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts