Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well into October now. What Halloween/Fall events has everyone done so far or plan on doing?

So far this season we have taken the kids on a haunted hayride and took our trip to the pumpkin patch. We did one of the Fall festivals at the end of September. Tonight we are going on our cities Ghost Walk and still have our party next weekend and still have an "adults night out" planned for at least one of the local haunted houses. There are a couple of other little activities we may it this year but those will be played by ear.

Reactions: zombieprincess

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Mrs. dubs and I went on a night time pumpkin trail walk through a wooded park decorated with over 800 lit jack o'lanterns. Plan to go to our zoo's annual Zoo Boo display that starts up next week. We have a family Halloween party/dinner on the 26th, and starting the 27th we'll be setting up our haunt structure in our driveway, which will take about three full days. The next three weeks will fly by!!

Reactions: zombieprincess

·
Registered
114 Posts
Set up the decorations the last weekend in September, went to an amusement park's haunt event last Sunday (SO much fun!), taking my son to the pumpkin patch tomorrow, next weekend is a Halloween themed camping trip, the weekend after that I'm throwing a kid's Halloween party, then obviously the usual pumpkin carving/movie watching the week up until the big night!

·
Registered
268 Posts
We really want to hit up Stilt Beast's haunted house here in Dallas, but the work/decorating schedule probably won't allow it.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,078 Posts
Hmmm, well, the last weekend of September we decorated for Halloween, inside and out. I worked in my patch of mini pumpkins that I grow each year, then have harvested them and placed them all over the yard and house. We have been to one of our local pumpkin patch/farms and spent the day getting our large carving pumpkins, gourds and petting the animals. I've painted pumpkins to take out to my loved ones at the cemetery, as I do each year. I've been making lots of Fall treats such as Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, Apple Pie Shots and homemade Pumpkin Spice Cream for coffee. We've been doing lots of Halloween shopping for decor, ToT items and working on our costumes for the year. We've watched some Halloween shows and movies on tv while drinking cider, hot chocolate, pumpkin beer, ect. We love to go around and look at other peoples Halloween decorations...either by car or on our bikes. Later, we may hit another local pumpkin patch. We'd like to go to a haunted house, if we have time...though with my husband working full time and taking college courses, we haven't had much time this year to do a lot of extra side things. I am planning some more Halloween treat making in the next two weeks, of course, as baking is what I do! We have an annual family/friends Halloween party at my aunts house the weekend before Halloween, so we are all preparing for that. Then, of course, there's the big night and ToT!

Today was a nice, Fall day for us...we woke up and watched Halloween Wars on Food Network while eating breakfast. Then we left to go do some mountain biking out in the woods with all the leaves falling...which was so lovely! After that, we hit a neighboring town that was having an annual fall festival. Then we came home and went on another bike ride around our town and found a small, old cemetery. We spent some time biking through there and checking it out. (It's so close to my house, I think I'll be walking there often, lol.) We came home and did some yard work and did a little work in the front yard cemetery, as well. Now, I think I shall have myself some Fall snacks and relax! Maybe some more spooky shows...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Funny you should ask. Today was my first day of officially setting up outdoor decor. I have my wooden cemetery fence up along with my keep out sign. I plan on putting out some spider webs tomorrow along with a skeleton hanging from a second story window. I expect to have my pallets delivered on Monday for my driveway corn maze. I doubt that I will get everything I want done from my wish list, but I feel like I will do about 50% more than last year- which ain't too shabby.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mrs. dubs and I went on a night time pumpkin trail walk through a wooded park decorated with over 800 lit jack o'lanterns. Plan to go to our zoo's annual Zoo Boo display that starts up next week. We have a family Halloween party/dinner on the 26th, and starting the 27th we'll be setting up our haunt structure in our driveway, which will take about three full days. The next three weeks will fly by!!

I'm guessing you're referring to Pittsburghs Zoo? We haven't been there. Where did you go for the jack-o-lantern display?

We went on the cities Ghost Walk tonight, and as usual, loved it. Once again they changed things up with the route and the stories. Kids all enjoyed themselves and we got to hear some new haunted history.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
I'm guessing you're referring to Pittsburghs Zoo? We haven't been there. Where did you go for the jack-o-lantern display?

We went on the cities Ghost Walk tonight, and as usual, loved it. Once again they changed things up with the route and the stories. Kids all enjoyed themselves and we got to hear some new haunted history.
We live in Erie, which has a great zoo and has done a Zoo boo for many years. They do an awesome job of it. The pumpkin trail was at a local park called Headwater Park. Kind of a wet land conservancy with trails through a wooded area, etc.. It was really enjoyable. The ghost walk sounds fun! There is one in Erie as well but we haven't done it yet.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Had no energy to work on Halloween after today's race...but did manage to get to SAM's and load up on candy for the ToTs...tomorrow is go day. Monday night I'll assess what can and can't be done and go from there. I've got one night set aside in the future to check out a couple of my fellow haunters set-ups.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We live in Erie, which has a great zoo and has done a Zoo boo for many years. They do an awesome job of it. The pumpkin trail was at a local park called Headwater Park. Kind of a wet land conservancy with trails through a wooded area, etc.. It was really enjoyable. The ghost walk sounds fun! There is one in Erie as well but we haven't done it yet.

I didn't know Erie had a zoo. We've gone to Akrons Boo at the Zoo, but it's been a couple years. I know of Headwater Park. That's cool that they do that. There is something similar at Boardman Park but I do not believe to that level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts