Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I actually just finished all my projects the other day...but I still have to make a fog chiller for my cauldron (seen below)...I might put "great stuff" foam on the rim of the cauldron and paint it green to give the effect of a bubbling over cauldron...but I'm not sure yet...I kind of like the simple black cauldron look... any thoughts? Great stuff? or no great stuff?

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Umm....Everything!....

Cant do much until the weather is nice, everything needs to be done in Sunshine....

Hopefully getting started this week....

Ruggerz

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,329 Posts
Our living room is currently strewn with boxes worth of decorations. Lots of stuff we can't technically put up/out yet as it takes up so much room and messes up regular usage. :(

It's light rain and cool outside right now, so we did some of the hanging things but the fence and graveyard go up next weekend and so do ALL of the party things inside... it's going to get crazy this week. :eek:

·
Macho Nacho
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our living room is currently strewn with boxes worth of decorations. Lots of stuff we can't technically put up/out yet as it takes up so much room and messes up regular usage. :(

It's light rain and cool outside right now, so we did some of the hanging things but the fence and graveyard go up next weekend and so do ALL of the party things inside... it's going to get crazy this week. :eek:
same with me

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got all my projects done, for the most part. However, I did take on a last-minute project and decided to make some latex intestines to go with my zombie outfit for Thrill the World on October 24th. I'll be wearing a business suit and carrying a briefcase full of guts (kudos if you get the Metalocalypse reference).

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ha, ha on a whim I decided to make the graveyard fence. Finished an 8ft section which fit perfectly in the void I was planning to hang yellow caution tape....the fence looks much better, also cut out the finials from plastic corrugated sign board. My spray pain finger is worn out.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well
I have be working on props since August so I am almost done.
Finished my drop down panel today thanks to the design of Dr Dark.
Our community will be constructing the neighborhood haunted house in our clubhouse on the 24th and 25th.
Besides putting everything together under one roof and constructing maze walls, we are done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I built a complete maze with a few rooms in my yard. I need to completely sheet the whole thing /plastic sheeting I'm waiting on that due to wind I need to decorate it all once its all sheeted um grab a section of old pickett fence I'm stealing from the neighbors garbage pile oh and build and decorate a dome room I am doing in my 50 foot driveway

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Need to line my coffin with fabric. (Mrs. dubbs has agreed to take this on). Re-frame one wall panel, and re-adhere a foam panel to a wall frame, then re-paint castle wall facade. I need a few nice warm dry days as these things are outdoor projects. Other than that, it's just setting up and decorating. I figure the cemetery fence/columns go up next week. The rest will be done in the three days before Halloween. I'm not scrambling this year and it feels good. I have my helpers lined up, pumpkins are bought. Just need to buy candy!

·
Registered
668 Posts
It's too cold to do anything outside here! i have to finish enclosing my garage, it's 1/2 done now. i have to wait until the yard guys trim the bushes to do spider webs, and i have to wait until the guy finishes fixing my front steps to decorate that. i have tombstones to put out, lights to buy and place, my foggers and still not cooperating so i have to try and fix them, I'm still working on foam chains, and i have my skull pikes to put out. Otherwise, most props done, candy bought, music selected. I plan on putting most everything out on the day of.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Tombstones to finish,new motor to place in caldron waiting on monsterguts order for that,dress the zombie,witch,gravedigger,finish gravepopper,make a new FCG rig(sold the old one) if time make a haunted lantern.then set everything up if the snow stays away.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have 2 projects in the works right now but I have 5 total I need to finish. It is taking me so much longer than I expected but it is my first time making any of these props. I kinda jumped into the deep end of the prop pool this year. I am having a ton of fun making these but......I burned the living daylights out of myself several times, my living room looks like Halloween exploded in there, and I am starting to stress a great deal. Man my living room is a mess right now. Those foam skulls sure do make a mess when you cut them apart.
I wish everyone luck with all there projects and make sure to wip out the pics when there done. audible

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
gosh i still have to set up and i have to do that tommrow. then start build one final prop. a great big........... SUPRISE!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually started early this year. Built a coffin that opens and closes, peeping skeleton tombstone from Project 1 (THANKS!) and an electric chair. Electric chair is the last with finishing touches and testing to make sure the criminal can withstand a 1850 rpm motor shaking it violently. Oh, and re wiring some foam pumpikins with flourescent starters and adding another set of subwoofers for the thunder.

I'll probably find some last minute project to start on. I'd be concerned with any haunter who says they are completely done up to and including the day before halloween or that doesn't pick up a last minute project...

·
Registered
321 Posts
UGGG So much left to do!

I still have to finish my lighting plot. I have half of it programed, another 1/4 plotted. I will be plotting the last 1/4 before bed tonight and programing the last half through out the week. It should take about 10 more hrs to have it finished up and ready for a live run through. Then the REAL fun of fixing bugs starts.

I also have decided to try my hand at some more prop building since I finished the others ahead of schedule. So I'm going to build two pumpkins, and two something elses. I haven't decided between a scare crow, a standing skeleton (not sure what I would do with that), giant spider, large ish gargoyle or dragon, or a ground breaker. Right now I think I'm leaning towards a ground breaker and the spider. Let the larger projects wait to start while I can devote some more time (and learned skill from the first projects) over the next year. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well let me think....

I have to repaint a portion of my jail cell and paint the PVC pipe additions I made to my sections of fence. And I have touch up painting to do on the entrance columns.

And I have to build the platform that the electric chair is going to sit on.

And I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to include the garage in the haunt. I'm thinking of staging a "crime scene" with some caution tape, chalk outlines, blood splatters... stuff like that.

Then of course I have to actually set everything up on the 30th and Halloween morning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Woke up this morning and said "Gallows!" which really scared my wife. Yes, gallows in the grave yard next to the electric chair.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts