Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My honest reply is "way behind" but that's why I always take Halloween week off work, its committed totally to props and setup. Not worried about it

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As for myself, I'm pretty much on schedule, but only because I put some projects on hold to focus better on the more important ones. I looked at everything I had going on an asked myself, "which projects will have the biggest impact on my haunt?" I concluded that it was my cemetery fence and pillars, and ground fog, I'm in the final assembly stage of the fence sections, and I'll start on the pillars this week. My fog chiller coils are ready, and I'll finish putting that together after the pillars.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I start planning in July, then shopping on E-bay, then in the stores as the Halloween stuff comes out. I'm behind this year but I started in earnest today by putting a fresh coat of paint on all of last year's gravestones and signage. I start putting stuff out in the front yard on October 1, building the theme each day to create a buzz. This year I'm going to start working on the garage and backyard much earlier. The light set up is always time consuming and I'd rather do it when it's not too chilly and possibly snowing as it sometimes does before Halloween here.

Last year I went full tilt and drove myself far too hard. I came down with a hideous flu sometime on Halloween night and could hardly move for a week! I think I was fighting something off leading up to Halloween and just couldn't afford to give into it until everything was over!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm no where near ready. I have been taking baby steps with preparations and this week I have a decent amount of time off from one of my jobs that I can start putting together the scare crows for the haunted pumpkin patch I will be setting up at my friends house.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
No. No. No. Putting last years unfinished props on priority, but started a paper mache pumpkin project in which I gave myself a deadline of 30 (nonconsecutive) days to complete. Not to mention I have a little more than two weeks to get my reaper gift finished. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
So ready! My craving for Halloween hit in July, but I forced myself to wait until September 1st to start the activities. I want movies and books and decorations and costumes and parties and food! Did I mention food?! Halloween isn't just a day to me, but a nice long season so I don't feel any rush. I somehow always end up 'behind' though, not getting in all the activities I wanted to do. This year I'm determined to just pack in the fun.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts