Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 FT Instant Jack O Lantern Pumpkin. Alternative to pumpkin leaf bags if bunch of leaves are not falling down to fill them.
Simple to setup. Hole on the bottom is big enough for a spot light or any light to light it up at night. I have V shaped stakes to keep it on the ground.

If interested, then see the link to check for websites + total prices: (item + shipping) $30-$40
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...52486509977692
Bought from Spirit Halloween (with coupon) but it is also available at CostumePub, HalloweenExpress, etc.

I spent about 6-7 hours with breaks in between deciding on what colors to use and putting together wired LED lights.
I went with 3mm? red LED lights for EYES and the NOSE. I thought about using white LED lights for lighting up the pumpkin but it didn't look good. So I decided to use 3x 10mm orange LED lights.

- Scotch Extreme Fasteners Velcro (Black)
- I saved some foam (or whatever the name) stuff that were used to protect and secure breakable copper led lights strings
- 20-22 AWG wires (I forget the exact #)

I hope to have them in the pumpkin tomorrow. Will get some more pictures or a video if I can get it done.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,903 Posts
I like it, interested in seeing what it ends up looking like when you're finished modding it.

A bit too much $ for me, but I'm really starting to like simple blow molds and foam JoL pumpkins and have amassed enough to do a haunted pumpkin patch this year (have about 35-40 total).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally finished with it. +5 red LED lights for the mouth. +2 orange LED lights to make the pumpkin brighter.

Total: 5 orange LED lights & 8 red LED lights

^ Solar Panel charger (3.7V 18650 battery) output at 12V.

^ Portable 12V Jump Starter. Super bright.

I have not decided on what to do with the green top part of the pumpkin. It is stuffed with something so I can't cut it and put a LED light in it.
I do have the green glow in the dark uv paint stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts