Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg image.jpg
Hi, I want to put these witches out this year. The problem is after they're on the wig head you can see into the eye and nose holes. What is the best way to cover those? Also, is there a way to weatherproof their clothes or should I not worry about it since they're stank witches? Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't see eye holes in your picture, but maybe those are just a generic pictures. I use cheap eyes on my Styrofoam heads with masks - like these:http://www.ebay.com/itm/22mm-Blue-Reborn-Baby-Doll-Eyes-Half-Round-Acrylic-Eyes-for-BJD-OOAK-Doll-1-Pair-/231500581316?hash=item35e68289c4:g:fhwAAOSwBLlU~UBF
Only problem is the slow shipping from China, so you need to plan ahead. But you still have time to order.
also, spray painting the head (usually black) helps, but be aware that the paint sill eat away at the surface of the Styrofoam, so a few light layers are better than one thick one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! These photos are generic. The dark corners of the masks near the eyes & nose have large holes. I'll try painting the wig head, or maybe some liquid latex if that doesn't work.

·
Registered
897 Posts
In that case, i'd paint the Styrofoam head or tape the holes from behind and paint the tape.
That is what I did with a mask I used as well.

Don't worry about weatherproofing the clothes. The uglier the better. We spend time trying to age and weather them, and burying them in the back yard. :D Just let it happen.

Marie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts