Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my uncle found this old stuffed fox in the garbage a few years ago, and used it in a prank on his family.

I've since aquired it, and of course turned it into a Halloween prop.

Using a set of drawer sliders, some scrap wood, and pneumatic components I had on hand, I put this guy together. I still need to add some sound effects, but overall I'm pleased with how it turned out. I hope to get some good startle scares out of it this season.

The youtube video turned out kind of choppy, but you get the idea. Enjoy!

-DGM

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Did that fox have rabies? LOL looks mangy too! Great prop!

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's great. Freaky even.
Where are you going to put it?
Does it come out of the bushes or off your porch or something?
Anyway, it's very cool.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Yeah, he's totally mangy. His ears are pretty much missing, his snout is peeling off of his face, and his nose fell off some time ago.

My youngest cousin actually tried to give it a bath, which just matted the fur. He's perfect!

I haven't figured out the best spot yet. I don't have any good bushes for it to pop out from that are convenient. That would've been ideal! I am, however, creating an "Eternal Chess Match" scene with two pirate skeletons sitting at a chessboard locked in a stalemate (a la POTC). It's a static scene, so I was thinking about having this guy under the table in the shadows, ready to leap out. Totally unexpected like.

The good thing was there wasn't much cost to me this year for this prop. I had most everything I needed in stock already, save for a speed control muffler and the cylinder mounting hardware. Got those from Grainger and Monster Guts.

Any thoughts on an appropriate sound effect? Growling dog perhaps?

-DGM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts