Halloween Forum banner

1st party. Want to make it the BEST!

2593 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Mandathewitch
Hello! I'm so glad there is an entire forum for "crazies" like me that start planning for Halloween early on...since like November 1st!?

So this year will be my first full-blown Halloween bash. I have a small space and most of my friend's are not into Halloween like me, so I'm having trouble deciding what kind of party to throw.

The theme I am toying with is definitely ghosts/haunted house. I am thinking of something along the lines of "true love never dies" So I somehow want to incorporate love and ghost into the them. This is where the struggle starts. What should be my theme be? I don't know if I should even have a theme/costumes guest should adhere to since they are not into it like I am.

As you can see, I'm very confused! Any suggestions for what route I should take and what themes I could use? I'm open to ANYTHING that's haunted house/ghost themed. Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Themed parties are really fun. But they're also hard to put together. If you follow some of the advice here --which would result in a very cool party-- you'll be putting a TON of effort into just decorating. Which is fine, but might be a bit much for your first Halloween party.

My suggestion? If you want to combine love/Halloween, it might be fun to do a Wedding Massacre or Zombies Invaded My Wedding (you get the picture) theme. If you use elements that are very recognizable as wedding elements, and make them spooky, the theme will be crystal clear and really funny.

Think about: a black (or a white with bloody frosting) wedding-style cake with a plastic hand reaching out of the top or a bride standing over or munching on a dead groom, red tulle decorating the place, bouquets of plastic eyeballs, red foil Valentines hearts with severed heads hanging from them... you get the idea. Seems like it would be an easier version of the same thing without the need for so much real "story."

-Karen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.