Halloween Forum banner

1st party. Want to make it the BEST!

2577 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Mandathewitch
Hello! I'm so glad there is an entire forum for "crazies" like me that start planning for Halloween early on...since like November 1st!?

So this year will be my first full-blown Halloween bash. I have a small space and most of my friend's are not into Halloween like me, so I'm having trouble deciding what kind of party to throw.

The theme I am toying with is definitely ghosts/haunted house. I am thinking of something along the lines of "true love never dies" So I somehow want to incorporate love and ghost into the them. This is where the struggle starts. What should be my theme be? I don't know if I should even have a theme/costumes guest should adhere to since they are not into it like I am.

As you can see, I'm very confused! Any suggestions for what route I should take and what themes I could use? I'm open to ANYTHING that's haunted house/ghost themed. Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,341 Posts
You don't have to go crazy with the decorating to have a good party. Looking back at our first couple of parties I have to laugh at the decorations. But I can honestly say that we don't have any more fun now then we did back then (14 years ago). Each year our decor grew as our supplies grew and kept people guessing what we would do next. Jeez, those first years were a ton of cobwebs and colored lights and a couple of cardboard poster things. I love it these days, there is so much more to choose from! And....this site which is a such a wealth of inspiration!

I think a big key to your party is to think of your guests. Alot of ours had/have young kids so we never had it on halloween and usually didn't start until 8:30. This gave them time to get the kids settled where they needed to be and get their costumes on. None of them wanted to play games so we didn't do any. We played some good tunes and had some snacks. I was good for getting a drinking game going or dancing, or both usually. ;)

I agree with a good invite. I always did mine in a card making program, keeping them very festive. I also did put costume required. Oh..we also had a costume contest which was posted on the invite. The prize was usually trivial, but for them it was all about the title. :D

As far as a theme, I choose one to help me with decorating, but never ask my guests to follow suit. Hell, I was just happy that they came in costume! lol

Good luck with your party!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.