Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what kind of compressor should I get for my first one? I like to do a prop like a trashcan trauma or a pneumatic groundbreakin zombie on halloweenpropmaster's website. I am kind of on a $100 dollar max budget...so any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Get the one with biggest storage tank you can for the $$$. I really dont think one brand is any better than another when you are talking ACs under $100. When you stary looking at bigger ACs, look into oil filled! They run much quieter. If you are anywhere near Virginia, I have 2 extra ACs!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thanks...do you have any tank size that would be minimally required? i know you said biggest but whats the min.?? thanks..and also what kind do you use??? i live in tn...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't forget the line drier and filter! Straight from the compressor, the air is full of oil, moisture, and particles. This will ruin valves and cylinders. I use a .5 micron filter on my system.

Bill Ehrsam.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have that CH and be warned, it is LOUD and takes a while to fill, but I use it for airbrushing and have not tried using it for pneumatics. If that is the one you want, keep an eye out in the newspaper for the Lowe's flyer. It periodically goes on sale for $59.00, which is a pretty great price for a compressor.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright...do you think if I ran the hose from the my backyard to my frontyard the noise would be loud enough for the ToT's to hear well? i just saw that one was 99$, 59$ would be even better...i'll keep my out out and look around more though.

·
Registered
543 Posts
alright...do you think if I ran the hose from the my backyard to my frontyard the noise would be loud enough for the ToT's to hear well? i just saw that one was 99$, 59$ would be even better...i'll keep my out out and look around more though.
That would probably be sufficient to muffle it somewhat, but also consider what your fencing situation is like. Is the sound going to reflect out of the backyard? Also the depth of the house will have an impact. There are really too many variables for me to give a yes/no answer. I don't have a backyard at the moment, but I ran the best equivalent I could and I think it would work.

It isn't really much louder than my father's non-reservoir compressor, but it operates at a higher frequency (the compressor mechanism is smaller overall), so it may just seem louder.

As for the three gallon, I think it is the same compressor, just on a larger tank with a slightly different configuration.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think i will get it...i will have music playing and props going off, i don't think the ToT's will notice or care about the errrrrrrrre of the ac....who knows, they migght think its a chainsaw :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts