Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a source for a low profile, momentary, SPST, normally open pushbutton, rated 1 - 1.5A, 3-12vdc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent, thank you, but it's got a 24mm depth. Therein is my dilemma: a 1A switch needed with little space in which to implement it.

Does anyone have a DIY answer that they've invented themselves to get a high current push button implemented in a confined space? Or, can an off-the-shelf push button be gutted and slimmed down to do the same thing it does in its full, manufacured packaging?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
You did ask for a low profile, not a shallow recess depth. How much room do you have for the recess?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Yeah, lots of ebay listings for shallow depth but looks like 10mm behind the panel is about the shallowest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you cant find any you can make a contact plate that will make contact when pushed by using a couple of flat metal plates and a small spring on the one side.

like this ___---,,-----
SPRING ^

it's crude but the spring will keep the metal from connecting till the top plate is pushed down. Iit doesn't cost anything but some scrap, and time the spring can be a lighter or pen spring for example.
sorry I can't add more. Good Luck!

Panama Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts