Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We had our 19th Annual BOO BASH this past weekend. It was a success. We change themes every year. This year was Movie and TV Monsters past and present. Here are a few photos. I didn't have much time for decorating since I am now working at The Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce, here in CT, doing SPFX makeup and acting too. I was able to make time to put these scenes together though. There are more photos, but this gives an idea of our scenes this year. :eek:

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Oh that is awesome! :)

I seriously love the Young Frankenstein tribute!! I keep meaning to make that book (How I Did It) and also the Handbook for the Recently Deceased... I want to make a library of themed books actually, and yours turned out really well!

I made a well for my Samara (Donna of the Dead) many years ago out of individual pieces of foam, but it was a mess after the first year and I'd been hesitant to build another... I really like how your well looks. Is it a scene setter? What type of form it attached to?

Everything looks wonderful! :cool:

Reactions: Wolfbeard

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Oh that is awesome! :)

I seriously love the Young Frankenstein tribute!! I keep meaning to make that book (How I Did It) and also the Handbook for the Recently Deceased... I want to make a library of themed books actually, and yours turned out really well!

I made a well for my Samara (Donna of the Dead) many years ago out of individual pieces of foam, but it was a mess after the first year and I'd been hesitant to build another... I really like how your well looks. Is it a scene setter? What type of form it attached to?

Everything looks wonderful! :cool:
Thank you! I'm glad you caught the Young Frankenstein tribute to Gene Wilder. That tribute, including the book and cigar was totally my wife's suggestion.
The well is actually a piece of masonite that I folded into a circle and held it in place with a few drywall screws. I then used corrugated stone paper I bought years and years ago from Fright Catalog. I actually just taped it to the masonite, added a ring of the paper on the inside and folded the outside layer over onto the inner ring attached with packing tape. It was literally a 15 minute project.

Eric

Reactions: Screaming Demons

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Love it all, but am a Whovian at heart

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Hopefully the Dalek was acceptable! It has lights and sound and moves, but I didn't get any video.

Here's a better shot of it with me at the CT Horrorfest.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts