Halloween Forum banner

'16 Themes

4K views 36 replies 29 participants last post by  stormygirl84 
#1 ·
What is your theme this year (if you have one)?

I'm considering a "Dead and Breakfast" theme. I'd love to hear what others are doing and how they're doing it!

#5 ·
My patrons have been telling me lately that going through Ravens Grin is like being inside of MY MIND!
Everything will be fine unless they begin kicking holes in the plasterboard or plugging up the stool!

#11 ·
I do pirates of the Caribbean on one side of my yard & a cemetery on the other with Haunted Mansion on the porch...started this theme 2 years ago, and will probably keep with the theme for a few years since it is costing so much $$!! I add new things each year to change it up...this year my new part of my theme is animating the skeletons and having them talk too!!

#15 ·
Vampires. Our haunt structure will be a vampire crypt with several halls and different scenes/scares interspersed. We'll have two graveyards and a small maze connecting the walk through with the outdoor scares.

Reactions: printersdevil
#19 ·
We are also doing vampires this year. I'm thinking very gothic styled vampires. Our haunt is all outdoors, and I'm trying to work it around the issues one gets from having an all outdoor haunt. I'm thinking a main vamp gathering his brood/coven on Halloween, and them having a giant "dinner party" with the TOT's being the main course. Part funny, part scary. The vampires have been around for a long time, and enjoy playing with their prey.

#18 ·
My theme this year is called "keeping it simple!". I plan to go back to basics and work with nothing more than a few tombstones, my six pose-n-stay skeletons, and some green and orange flood lights. No prop building or buying. Life in the Leota household has gotten a bit complicated so my time, energy, and money will be mostly spent on dealing with said complications. But I'm ok with that. I'm actually looking forward to a very simple classic set up that I can throw together with no preparation and very little time.

#21 ·
Our theme this year is House of Bones (nothing but skeletons of all sizes , shapes, and species. Besides having to walk through a menagerie of animal skeletons, once the TOTs reach the main porch, they will be met with lifesized skeletons reaching for them unexpectedly. My husband plans on wearing one of those skeleton costumes that are all black except for the bones (of course) and stand on the porch with the static skeletons. Then when the TOTs aren't paying any attention to him, he will move closer and closer until they notice him.

#25 ·
We change each year and this year the Wife wants witches. So since she was kind enough to marry me on Halloween, she gets to choose theme.

So, will have a witch shack with purchased witch threesome singing at a pot, while other pic built witches be all over. Will also have a witch burning at the stake with towns folks watching and then witch hunter dragging few witches toward the fire. Hopefully have flying witches from tree to tree to tree.

Not having witches before, it took us two years of collecting and building for this year so hope it all works out!

#26 ·
Always interesting to see what themes people come up with. There's definitely some creative ones out there.

My haunt is going to be rather humble this year. Just a few props. The theme though is "The Skeleton Ball". Shadows of skeletons dancing in the front window, ghostly full-apparition skeletons dancing in the garage, etc. We have a lot of small children in the neighborhood, so I think this is a good balance of fun and scary.

#29 ·
How is the animation of the skeletons coming? I'm attempting the same. I got a monster guts head that is on my project list next weekend. I also purchased a wiper motor kit to animate the rocking chair he will be sitting in. I really would like to do the animated singing skeleton quartet but it seems overwhelming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.