Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the kind of dorkey looking bat I got at Walgreen's for $14.99 -- I just fell in love with him, though -- his eyes glow!

Here he is after a few spray paint touch ups and some bubble wrap stuffed inside his cape to fill him out a little more, he was a little flat before. Much creepier!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I love modifications. Looks great. One question can you spread it's wings out completly like he's about to take flight. Might be interesting adding 1 cylinder with about 12 inch throw to each side. Then spread them out with triggered. Any chance of a pic with it opened?

·
Registered
522 Posts
did you buy him at wallgreens this year?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you buy him at wallgreens this year?
This weekend :)

I love modifications. Looks great. One question can you spread it's wings out completly like he's about to take flight. Might be interesting adding 1 cylinder with about 12 inch throw to each side. Then spread them out with triggered. Any chance of a pic with it opened?
I don't really understand what you said, but do you mean having him open and close his wings? That would be awesome!! I had to open them a little to put in the stuffing but I've now glued them closed -- the fabric is extremely thin and tears very easily, so I really don't want to reopen them. If you get one you'd have to be very careful opening them but it's do-able, and there's nothing inside once you do open them, so you'd have to re-make a "body" for him, but that would be easy enough. I was checking out hanging vampire bats online and the really good ones seem very expensive, so it would probably be worthwhile trying to modify him.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,521 Posts
Nice modification! Looks much better!:cool:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Walgreens is awesome...especially the after Halloween sales! That's when I got that same Vampire Bat - I only paid about $5 for him! You can find lots of cool and unique things when you examine the shelves inside and out at Walgreens! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i love big lots halloween sales . year 2008 i bought 500 dollars worth of halloween stuff for 40 dollars , i was in hog heaven, i missed last years sale some what, only ended up with a few rinky dinky props and decorations, but got some really cool lights, walgreens stores are different, i found stuff at one that the other stores didnt have, so this year i am going to every one of them... happy haunting

·
Registered
4 Posts
i didnt alter mine any, as of yet, i kinda wanted to try and spread his wings a little but found they were glued down and didnt want to take a chance on ruining him,, the hearst is fantastic,, great job

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Kacole2 those pillars are sweet! Thanks for another way to use the bat. I too bought one last year from Walgreens. Can't wait to see what they get in this year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts