Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Beautiful setup! Its great you didn't trip the breakers. Curious- at 1:50 there is a projector pointed at the camera. is it reflecting off a mirror onto the 2nd floor or for something else?

Victor

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful setup! Its great you didn't trip the breakers. Curious- at 1:50 there is a projector pointed at the camera. is it reflecting off a mirror onto the 2nd floor or for something else?

Victor
Hi Victor thanks for the kind words. I made a platform over a city junction box. That particular projector is the neighbors pointed at his house across the street. We had two more on the platform aimed at my house (Blood Walls/Ghostly Apparitions).

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Wow tons to see and comment on! Who's LED lighting did you use BTW?, the color was very nice.

OK regarding the projections: so the AtmosFear FX's Bloody Walls was on the upper right of the house and the Ghostly Apparitions was the ghost girl in the middle of the yard. Madame Leota was in the yard to the right and the singing pumpkins were in the yard to the left. Assume both of these were not commercial dvds. Then there was the framed portrait in the middle front yard (AtmosFear again?); that would make 5 projections. There was a rear projected(?) scene in the upper left bedroom, not sure what DVD that was. Making that 6 projections. I'm still missing 2 if there were 8. I only went thru the videos once but would love to know where each projector was placed. Everything looked great including the trash can trama and MIB.

Have to say I admire your neighorhood team work on the projector stand over the utility box! What kind of projection was he running?

It's interesting to see these DVD projections in actual use. I didn't think I would like the Bloody Walls one but it really looked great on your house the way you had it set up. Was the portrait one a front projection from the utility box area or a white canvas frame projected from behind?

Nice job. Curious if you had any little kids too afraid to come to the front door.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The black scrim for the ax bride was extremely effective- see 0:09 behind the portrait for her appearance and then at 0:36 where she's missing (2nd video). There are two projectors for the setup above the garage 1st video (1:56 on the 1st video)

That would make 8, i think...

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
The black scrim for the ax bride was extremely effective- see 0:09 behind the portrait for her appearance and then at 0:36 where she's missing (2nd video). There are two projectors for the setup above the garage 1st video (1:56 on the 1st video)

That would make 8, i think...
I think what I called the ghost girl in the middle of the yard was what you called the ax bride. Where she is located in relation to the portrait I think is influenced by the camera angle. So I would have already counted her.

As for the two projectors on the right-side utility box, I was thinking one was running Bloody Walls above the garage and the other one was turned to the left side and projecting the ghost girl (or ax bride chick depending on what you called her). So I think I'm still missing 2. I'm not familar with the Bloody Walls messages, but assume that only one projector was playing scenes from that.

Hmm OK went back to rewatch 1st video at 1:56 and now I do see some kind of faint image to the right of the text. So that would make 7 by my count.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Alright- before 661 shows up:
1 singing pumpkins
2 Mr Chickens madame leota
3 Ax bride
4 haunted portrait
5 bedroom window
6 Text/spotlight over garage
7 ghostly apparitions over garage
8 first floor window adjacent to garage (see 1:17 of girl running in front of it)

A 9th projector is also used but for the neighbor across the street

Victor

·
Registered
482 Posts
WOW!!!!

Nicely done!

And my wife thought I was crazy with 3 projectors!!

How long did it take you to set it up and test, I tested mine the night before and it STILL took me several hours to get it right on Halloween day?

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Victor-eyd, I think you got the last one in the "Where's Waldo-like search"! Didn't notice the window before. Looks like it's an indoor, rear projection of AtmosFear's Zombie Invasion DVD. I'm thinking the upper left bedroom was running a selection from the Shades of Evil DVD.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys,
Yup you nailed it: 1)ATMOSFEAR FX Shades of Evil; Rear projected, upstairs window
2) Singing pumpkins
3) ATMOSFEAR FX Unliving Portraits; Rear projected, lawn
4) Mr. Chicken's Sybil Clairvoyant
5) SPECTRAL ILLUSION Daisy Ghost Bride, front projected on Styrofoam (My favorite)
6) ATMOSFEAR FX Blood Walls, Projected on 2nd story
7) ATMOSFEAR FX Ghostly Apparitions, side of house visible to TOTS walking towards house
8) ATMOSFEAR FX zombie apocalypse, 1st floor window behind creature crate

Each projector has its own DVD player. LED lights (12) purchased from Home Depot. These lights alone brought my haunt to the next level. If you watch my 12' video on YouTube, there is truly no comparison.

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Thanks for the info on the lights. Kind of surprised for a HD light.

So we were able to determine the projections correctly in the end. Yeah! kind of fun looking for them. How about sharing which were the other 3 pneumatics (trash can trama and MIB coffin already spotted)?

Any idea how many kids showed up this year? From the video it looks like you had a nice crowd. I'm sure your house was a destination spot for kids in the area.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info on the lights. Kind of surprised for a HD light.

So we were able to determine the projections correctly in the end. Yeah! kind of fun looking for them. How about sharing which were the other 3 pneumatics (trash can trama and MIB coffin already spotted)?

Any idea how many kids showed up this year? From the video it looks like you had a nice crowd. I'm sure your house was a destination spot for kids in the area.
Here is the link to the lights: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-3-54-in-Red-LED-Outdoor-Spot-Light-88093/204070177. They are extremely good quality, and are the same as the Spirit Halloween lights, just re-branded.

The 5 pneumatics are: 1) Creature Crate, 2) Trash Can Trauma, 3) Pop up head #1, 4) Pop head #2, 5) AMAZING ir cannon that unfortunately didn't make an appearance in the video.

The pop up heads have very nice movement an are very reminiscent of the Haunted Mansion. You can see them in the video. I lighted the tombstones they were popping up behind with blue LED lights. I should have additionally lighted the heads themselves with a white LED?

We ended up with a few hundred kids.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW!!!!

Nicely done!

And my wife thought I was crazy with 3 projectors!!

How long did it take you to set it up and test, I tested mine the night before and it STILL took me several hours to get it right on Halloween day?
It took several nights to get the projectors in place along with the surfaces they were projecting on. Of course I was scrambling Halloween night. Sybil didn't look as I wanted. If you look at my test videos on you tube I had her perfect!! Unfortunately, to get the perfect look the projector needed to be higher, which was kind of impossible due to my yard size constraints. The biggest pain was all of the wiring/plugs for the projector, dvd player, and computer speakers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
661yardhaunt
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing