Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Name the top ten Christmas movies. It's OK, I'll wait.

I thought so. There hasn't been a decent Christmas holiday movie since A Christmas Story. But you can see a good scary movie every day of October and not run out of stuff to watch.

2. The streets are safer on Halloween. Really. Christmas is the one time of the year your myopic old grandmother climbs into her 1972 Buick and makes her annual pilgrammage to the mall, still burning the last dregs of leaded gas in her tank. Multiply that event by a few thousand and put all those Buicks in a mall parking lot, and you have an insurance adjuster's nightmare. On Halloween, grandma stays home and gives out nutritious treats to kids. Which sounds safer to you?

3. You will never go to a Christmas party populated by pirates and harem girls.

4. Halloween is optional. If you don't enjoy it, you don't have to celebrate it. Try boycotting Christmas and see what happens. Simply attempting to explain why you are not celebrating Christmas is fraught with social peril. It would be easier to explain why you hate puppies.

5. You don't have to wake up early on Halloween, and you don't have to drive to your relative's house and eat the suspicious-looking casserole.

6. Suicide and domestic abuse rates spike during the Christmas season. Maybe all that family togetherness and time off from work isn't such a good idea. Nobody gets a day off on Halloween, and if you don't want to talk to your drunk Uncle Ernie, you can wear a mask so he can't find you.

7. Only Halloween stores and haunted houses play Halloween music. On Christmas, every flipping retail Musac-subscriber plays sappy Christmas songs until you want to kill something. That's probably what happened to Michael Myers: he realized there were only a few more weeks until Musac season and just snapped.

8. On Halloween, other people decorate your trees.

9. On Halloween, the leaves are turning, the air is dry and cool, and a cloudy day just seems like a good excuse to watch a scary movie. On Christmas, it's cold and damp, the trees are bare, and it manages to avoid snowing on the one day a year you can sit home and enjoy it.

10. Whose lap would you rather sit in: Santa Claus or Elvira, Mistress of the Dark?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Great post, I think these two could be related, though LOL
6. Suicide and domestic abuse rates spike during the Christmas season. Maybe all that family togetherness and time off from work isn't such a good idea. Nobody gets a day off on Halloween, and if you don't want to talk to your drunk Uncle Ernie, you can wear a mask so he can't find you.

7. Only Halloween stores and haunted houses play Halloween music. On Christmas, every flipping retail Musac-subscriber plays sappy Christmas songs until you want to kill something. That's probably what happened to Michael Myers: he realized there were only a few more weeks until Musac season and just snapped.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Listing 10 Christmas movies is not all that difficult but I will agree that the top 10 Halloween movies are the hands down winner.

Here is a good list

Top 10 Christmas Horror Movies - Listverse
That was a good one wasnt it

No seriously

Home Alone
Christmas Vacation
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Die Hard
Gremlins
A Christmas Story
The Polar Express
Bad Santa
Scrooged
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Ha! Those are good!

#5--I have to get up way earlier on Halloween. Takes me all day to set-up. And I still don't get it all done.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,329 Posts
You forgot about not having to deal with annoying relatives and buy token gifts for those same relatives... :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most gifts you give go unappreciated. You scare the crap out of someone in a haunt, and they'll talk about that all year long.

I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but I'll take Halloween hands down.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Pretty good list. Except for number 3 is slightly wrong. You can get that and more if you know which Christmas party to attend. ;)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I love that list!! Sure brought a smile to my face :D <<like that, see!
I agree with the factor about Christmas films, though there are at least 10 good ones, they would take me time to come up with, and the number of good ones wouldn't even compare to Halloween/horror ones!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
My god i would so rather sit on Elvira's lap, or better yet her on mine.

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
Most gifts you give go unappreciated. You scare the crap out of someone in a haunt, and they'll talk about that all year long.

I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but I'll take Halloween hands down.
I agree with you Evilpenny! Gift buying is stress and most of the time they take it back or pass it to the next person:D Yes I do! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
5. You don't have to wake up early on Halloween, and you don't have to drive to your relative's house and eat the suspicious-looking casserole.
I love it!! Halloween addicts are natural night-owls. Also, just to let you know you still eat the suspicious-looking casserole, but this time it's suspicious-looking on purpose. Haha

BTW. My first post on the forum. (Long time listener. First time caller)

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
I've noticed there isn't a whole lot of activity in some of the christmas sites either year round...not like this forum. HALLOWEENFORUM ROCKS!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts