Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ay ye scurvy sea dogs! I be needin' sum advice ya yellowbellied landlubbers! Alas, the pirate accent gets old quickly.

For my 09 yard haunt this year I am doing a cemetary, but we have an open garage that I will post pics of to give you all an idea of it. I was thinking about doing a "pirate pub" type of thing in there. I could have some tables set up and have like a haunted chess game or something. And a little pirate bar with jack the undead monkey ( I have seen a couple good ones on here!) . Definitaley a drinking skeleton with the pump deal so he drinks,drinks,and keeps on drinkin'.
Just get a good drunken zombie/skeleton pirate vibe going. What do you guys think ( and any ideas?) ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! I am thinking about maybe having foam cups of coffee or cider for the cold parents/ chaperones. Free of charge of course. Also have a donation box in there ;) lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
That drinking pirate with the rum going thru his ribcage sounds really cool. Like the one at disney world in POTC. Id really like a tutorial on that effect

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds cool EB. We give out candy too, just found this site in december so i've just started building my own props this year. I think drinks will be good though. We'll see....

Exactly neckanap! there are sum tut's on this website, I belive.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
A pirate pub, eh? A fine idea. 'Cept true pirates drink wherever they darn well please! ;)

Foam cups? Ooh, Mother Earth just cringed hearing that. How 'bout some reusable goblets?

Lookin' to make yerself a drinkin' ghoul? Check out Shawn Mitchell's tutorial in the How to Haunt Your House book.

foggyfathoms also has himself a fine pub. Check out his pics.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pirate Pub

I too am considering a pirate pub this year. I logged in today to post for name suggestions. Last year we named our pirate ship Bibulous and the tender was Scuttlebutt. I was thinking I could reuse the name but discovered most people did not have the vocabulary I do. The current plan is to do a dock scene with a pub and brothel. We have agreed that the brothel will be Lee's Lei Shop. My boyfriend gets the honor of his name being associated with the brothel. I was thinking of using a part of my last name in the pub, i.e. Gold or Goldie or something along that line.

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Well, I am naming my tavern after my street name. I live on Seaforth Drive..Sounds kind of nautical to me.

So I named it Ye Old SeaForth Tavern...

Please show pics of your tavern in the future

·
Registered
19 Posts
Adding a Pirate Cove at the end of the trail this year, not much more than a fire pit with a few tiki torches and decor scattered about, but the idea of a pirate pub is heinously awesome...already know the name for mine. "The Salty Wench"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts