Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if someone has already posted about this - I coudln't find it in a search...

We are doing a "hell freezes over" theme this year -- we wanted to do something with ICE and blue lights, but couldn't figure out how to make it "halloween-y" enough... then, as usual, we thought about hell :)

Anyway, we have a number of ideas for decor... Currently, we've got blue lights (bulbs and LED strings), fake snow flakes and the rolled kind that's like quilt batting, pitchforks painted to look frozen, bones everywhere and decorations flecked with the spray snow. Trying to keep it from looking on the Christmas-y side, so there will be a lot of black fabric and "pockets" of red lights/fire. Still trying to figure out how to do 'blue flames'... I do have three of the hanging flame lights and I plan to change the yellow fabric to blue fabric and see how that works...

I'm looking for more suggestions from the super creative brain that is HalloweenForum! I need an easy way to cover the walls with snow and ice (blocks?), and some 'Hell Freezes Over" food ideas...

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
For the walls you could gather as much packing styrofoam as possible. As it is not in the proper shapes I use a wood burner to shape it some. (do this outside as the fumes may be toxic!!!!!) Once the outer layer is melted some and shaped it will take a light coat of spray paint and not melt away so bad or you can use regular house paint. I use this technique to make fake rocks with great sucess. I am currently doing this to a spider type cave in my laundry room. I made walls out of cardboard boxes and painted them, then glued the finished "rocks" on the cardboard. So far its looking good. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea! Thanks... Here is my invite. It flips vertically from the fire side to the icicle side... it's just colored paper and lightweight cardstock... and a little Sharpie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts