Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The haunt was a huge success! Much fun was had by all! We got between 3-400 little kids but what surprised me is that there were so many more adults that came for the walk-through. We had to have close to 1000 people in total.

This first vid is part of our Boo Crew about an hour before showtime. Getting ready and just goofing around in general.

My lovely big sister is the one on the left looking at a camera, my stunning niece is on the right (zombie face). My son Jason is the one not eating brains and my other sister is teasing the hair of my slashed victim (the beautiful Jessica). And that's Ryan dressed as Jason in the background probably wondering what he got himself into.

One sister and her hubby traveled to Tennessee from New Jersey, the other sister and daughter traveled from North Carolina, Son, Jessica and Ryan traveled from Arizona and niece Wendy traveled from Oklahoma...all just to help us throw the biggest and best home haunt in Knoxville!

Our family and friends ROCK!

YouTube - Halloween '08 Getting Ready

This one is just a random scare in the last leg of the walk-through. Evil Bunny and Creepy Clown worked great here heheh.

YouTube - Halloween '08 Random Scare

Several people commented that while going through our haunt, they couldn't tell who was real and what was an animatronic. It really added to their fear factor while going through it.

When you come around the last corner like this kid does, you think the haunt is over only to be confronted with a long line of ...animatronics? ...Actors? Or which is which???

Well, this boy came around the corner feeling like he had beaten the haunt and does a little Ninja action and stops dead in his tracks when he notices that there is one last LONG gauntlet that he has to pass through. His Ninja dance quickly turns into a mad dash for the candy tent at the end of the driveway! The funniest part of this vid is that it's actually an animatronic that gets him to dash away.

YouTube - Halloween '08 Ninja

I saw this group in line to go through our haunt and knew immediately that they were going to be great. The little boy steals the show (and his mother should be shot for showing absolutely no compassion for him).

YouTube - Halloween '08 HELP ME!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!!! Too funny! I especially liked the last one:). It's so fun, when you find a group that you know will be scared out of their wits, to follow them around just for laughs. I do that every year at haunted houses. I'm a pretty tall guy and it's been hilarious when total strangers that started out in front of me have gotten behind me to bury their face into my shirt. I all of a sudden become the guardian of them, only to point them out to scareactors when (and if) I see the next scare coming up:D I love it!! Awesome haunt by the way!!! I would never have thought a bunny could be that effective:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
That was geat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My wife and loved it.Your haunt is fantastic.Every year a group of friends and mtself go to big haunts and yet I have seen more yard haunts on the forum that are just as worthy and I must say yours is incredible. I needed to see that.Ours was slow and kind of a let down and yours made us realize Halloween is not dead.Thank You. Halo

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was peeved because we set up a cute haunt in the front for the little kids but it was completely ignored and the parents dragged their kiddies through the adult haunt in the back.

Sheeah...we even gave them signs and guides pointing the way!

But nope. They insist on bringing the kiddies through the hardcore haunt area.

Our Scareactors tried to be kind but....

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Awesome videos, That last one is great. Also shocked at how effective the bunny is. Great looking haunt Cassie.

This should have more views.

·
Registered
219 Posts
All I have to say is THE BUNNY!!!! HAHAHHA GREAT!!! :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody! I have many more vids but want to compile/edit them together. I'll post it when I get it done.

It really was a great night. There was a lot of laughter as well as screams.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great haunt!!! By the looks of the videos, it was very effective. Makes me wish I have video of ours :(. Never trust a bunny, especialy one standing around in a haunt!! Thanks for sharing Cassie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts