Howdy, making it was simple. Dave's Blog doesn't really tell you how.
Here is what I did
1) Cut a section of plywood for the base. Made a rough sketch of box location and arm location.
2) Drilled a hole where the arm was to go an inserted a 1/4" PVC tube, this tube would serve tow functions, keeping the arm in place and securing the prop to the ground witch a stake.
3) Made cuts into the box. For the large areas I placed some Crayola Model Magic inside to fill in the gap. There is a small "Crack" that I left open just to see how it looks.
4) Used some left over wooden letters from hobby lobby for the words. Hot glued them on.
5) Used some old "Fleck" paint to give it texture, then painted it with some left over primer
6) Used my airbrush to weather it.
7) Seal coated it several times to help waterproof it
8) had a left over pirate eye patch and hot glues that onto the tombstone
9) On the open end of the tombstone, I took the flaps and turned them outward, hot glued & stapled them onto the plywood.
10) Made the arm from a left over "Bluck" shin bone, painted and airbrushed it.
11)Made the hand from Crayola Model Magic (In my opinion the best way to make skeleton or zombie hands). Each digit of the finger is slid over a wire, which you can bend to pose. Painted and airbrushed it.
12) Mounted the hand to the arm with a dowel and hot glue. Flat coated it
13) Use a section of cheese cloth that I spray painted gray/black to cover the wrist joint and to add to it.
14) used Spanish Moss to cover up the ends of the FedEx box, hot glued into place.
That is pretty much it. I just did this on a whim. I hope this helps.