Books and Movies
Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1

    Default Books and Movies

    Anyone reading any good scary stories for Halloween or seeing any new Horror movies? I picked up some free Kindle ghost stories the other day that I'm gearing up to read. Don't know if any of them are good but you can't beat the price. Seen any new movies upcoming?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    HalloweenForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    114
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I always read some Lovecraft during the Halloween season. I also have a few anthologies of fantasy and horror that I'll read a few things from. I'm a student and don't have extra time to read for pleasure, so short stories or novelettes are ideal for me. No new Horror movies for me, but I'm planning to introduce my kids to Monster Squad since it's on Netflix.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Just outside Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    376
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I'm right in the middle of a novel - an actual book, not a kindle or some other electronic substitute - called Ghost Key by Trish McGregor. It's all about these incredibly evil, ancient ghosts - who possess and shed bodies at will - trying to establish a ghost city on a Florida Key after being thrown out of Ecuador. It's actually well-written and pretty scary. I'd say that's a major score, considering I only paid a buck for it at The Dollar Tree.
    The Last Wanderer of Mars
    A YouTube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpJpj6QXs_s5RLPx00FUHOg

  5. Remove Advertisements
    HalloweenForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Deep in the Woods
    Posts
    48

    Default

    While it's not 'horror' but a good thriller, I just finished 'Murder as a Fine Art' about 19th century England and Thomas DeQuincy and the Ratcliff Highway murders. Currently reading a New Orleans Voodoo book to help with my Voodoo Bayou Haunt. I have read some other good books this year. I pretty much read Dark Fiction all year long.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    2,370

    Default

    I just finished "Finders Keepers" by Stephen King.................classic King

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I have read the original Frankenstein and now I plan to read the original Dracula. Victor Frankenstein is a new blockbuster coming out in November, looks pretty good and Danielle Radcliffe is playing Igor!

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason o' Lantern View Post
    I have read the original Frankenstein and now I plan to read the original Dracula. Victor Frankenstein is a new blockbuster coming out in November, looks pretty good and Danielle Radcliffe is playing Igor!
    Oh man, I could go on and on about how fantastic Dracula was to read. That's one of my favorite books!

    Victor Frankenstein, I'm not so sure about. I like the horror aspects, but don't like when they try to take movies and make them action/thrillers (like Dracula Untold and I, Frankenstein).

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HalloGeekHalfrican View Post
    Oh man, I could go on and on about how fantastic Dracula was to read. That's one of my favorite books!

    Victor Frankenstein, I'm not so sure about. I like the horror aspects, but don't like when they try to take movies and make them action/thrillers (like Dracula Untold and I, Frankenstein).
    I didn't like I, Frankenstein, and Dracula Untold was "meh". I have hope for Victor Frankenstein. I like that they at least have the time period right. It does seem like more of an action movie than horror, but it could still be enjoyable. It looks like the Sherlock Holmes movie, but with Frankenstein's Monster mixed in. I might wait until this one is on the dollar theaters, but I definitely want to see it even if it does turn out to be a total stinker.

    I really need to start reading Dracula, I'm looking forward to it.

  11. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason o' Lantern View Post
    I have read the original Frankenstein and now I plan to read the original Dracula. Victor Frankenstein is a new blockbuster coming out in November, looks pretty good and Danielle Radcliffe is playing Igor!
    I'm definitely going to need to see this. Daniel Radcliffe as Igor is reason enough, but I read Frankenstein this year and it was a great book, so a modern film version has some real potential.

    While I'm on books, who's a fan of ghost stories? I've come across one coming out in a few days with a great concerpt. A seance to conjure up the Christmas ghosts from Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. As I understand it, it will be both Kindle and paperback. http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Tale...n+tale+crawley

    The author has a short story online that I think would make a great novel if he expanded it, but it's enough to show me his writing style. http://www.inkitt.com/stories/15277

    A lot of good ghost stories come out for Kindle this time of year. I'm keeping an eye on the free ones, though those tend to be a mixed bag.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSum View Post
    I'm definitely going to need to see this. Daniel Radcliffe as Igor is reason enough, but I read Frankenstein this year and it was a great book, so a modern film version has some real potential.

    While I'm on books, who's a fan of ghost stories? I've come across one coming out in a few days with a great concerpt. A seance to conjure up the Christmas ghosts from Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. As I understand it, it will be both Kindle and paperback. http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Tale...n+tale+crawley

    The author has a short story online that I think would make a great novel if he expanded it, but it's enough to show me his writing style. http://www.inkitt.com/stories/15277

    A lot of good ghost stories come out for Kindle this time of year. I'm keeping an eye on the free ones, though those tend to be a mixed bag.
    That Christmas Carol ghost conjuring would be perfect for Creepmas! (http://www.creepmas.com/)

  13. Remove Advertisements
    HalloweenForum.com
    Advertisements
     

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •