Mechanical: Living Tombstone WIP inspired by Paul Kreutz - Page 2
Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdestra View Post
    Very clean & very professional! I love it.
    You're too kind! I'm a rookie at tombstone finishing, there are others here on the forum that REALLY do a great job with painting stones.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    HalloweenForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12

    Default

    So cool!! I can not wait to see your version of my prop!

  4. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kreutz View Post
    So cool!! I can not wait to see your version of my prop!
    Well as it turns out, I was dead wrong about the synchronous motor, not enough oomph for this. Gotta go with the wiper motor!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    HalloweenForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Glen Allen Va.
    Posts
    3,382

    Default

    J-man sorry to hear the synchronous motor did not work but I know you will have it working with the wiper motor.
    Paul has made a cool prop that lots of people will be making.
    Stick

  7. #15

    Default

    Well I had another idea for the motor and so far in testing it seems to be working pretty good. I had a 1/4 scale high torque servo laying around waiting for good use. I disassembled it and converted it into a continuous rotation servo. Mounted the arm with the wheel to it and viola. The servo is easy to control with a microcontroller and it's much lighter and smaller than the wiper motor. I may even program it with a PIR sensor so it only runs when someone is near. Still have to do the face sculpting/painting.

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Absolutely haunting! How do you cut out the R.I.P. ? Very clean. Is this set in motion by a motion detector? Will you be uploading a movie short to show the motion? I'd really like to see the mechanics in motion.

  9. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radu View Post
    Absolutely haunting! How do you cut out the R.I.P. ? Very clean. Is this set in motion by a motion detector? Will you be uploading a movie short to show the motion? I'd really like to see the mechanics in motion.
    Thanks! I printed out the lettering on my PC and taped it to the stone, used an exacto knife to carefully cut the outline of each letter and then used a small screwdriver to chip out the foam. It is a bit tedious. Yes, I'll likely have it motion activated using a PIR sensor. I will definitely post a vid when it's done.

  10. #18

    Default

    Living Tombstone WIP inspired by Paul Kreutz
    Haven't had much time to work on it the last few days but I did manage to get the eyes made.
    20190408_203555-1.jpg

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
    Well I had another idea for the motor and so far in testing it seems to be working pretty good. I had a 1/4 scale high torque servo laying around waiting for good use. I disassembled it and converted it into a continuous rotation servo. Mounted the arm with the wheel to it and viola. The servo is easy to control with a microcontroller and it's much lighter and smaller than the wiper motor. I may even program it with a PIR sensor so it only runs when someone is near. Still have to do the face sculpting/painting.
    I remain in awe of folks like you J-Man. I can age a tombstone so that you can't tell it's not real, but make it wiggle and jiggle... that's something I'm still struggling with. The animation side of our haunt is one that moves VERY slowly toward what we hope to have one day. Mostly that's because we have to learn everything you've already taken years to learn. I guess it all comes down to where we spend our time. We've always had fun painting things to look real, and I've watched you help out not just me, but many others on the electrical side for years. To each their talents, I suppose, but we really enjoy it when you post all about yours.

  12. #20

    Default

    Thanks for the kind words chubstuff! BTW, nothing wrong with static props, when they're done right they can be very impressive!

  13. Remove Advertisements
    HalloweenForum.com
    Advertisements
     

 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mechanical: Madame Leota Tombstone inspired Tombstone
    By Josh Mueller in forum Halloween Props
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2015, 05:19 AM
  2. Static: Easy on the Pocket Paul Skull
    By BILLY BOGART in forum Halloween Props
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 12:49 PM
  3. Paul Lynde Halloween Special DVD released
    By Ween12amEternal in forum General Halloween
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 09:49 AM
  4. Ron Paul for President
    By Stonez00 in forum Off-Topic Stuff
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 01:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •