I've always wanted a fog chiller and today I build one for free! It works very well, it is small, easy to store, only took me 10 minutes, and it is FREE!!!
- Small cardboard box
- Thick garbage bag
- Aluminum foil tubing (Not sure what it's called but I had some laying around the garage. you can also use other tubing).
- Duct tape
How to build:
1) I took a small cardboard box and made sure it was stable and wouldn't fall apart or anything.
2) Cut two holes on each side of the cardboard box. They needs to be big enough so that your tubing can fit through it.
3) Take a garbage bag (any would work but I recommend thick) and line the cardboard box with it. Just use duck tape to tape it to the sides.
4) Cut a hole through the black plastic thats the same size you cut in the cardboard box.
5)Put your tubing through both holes. It should look like this:
6) Now just tape any loose ends like where the tubing goes through and out so the ice will stay in and the cold won't get out.
7) Then you can put the ice in. You don't have to put that much in at all! But the more you have the better. Put a lot of ice in the tubing though. This is all I had:
8) Put any thing solid on top of it. You could put a container lid, scrap wood, but make sure its sturdy cause after you put it on top put something heavy on the lid so the cold will stay in.
9) Put the tubing connected to the fog machine. You don't need to tape it to the fog machine or anything.
I was very happy with the results. After all it's free and easy.