Halloween Forum banner

Adult Halloween Party Games????

602K views 256 replies 147 participants last post by  Sasha87 
#1 ·
Sorry for starting a new thread...just wanted to weave out any kid games so i can just grab games for adults only...

my party will be decked out in decor and everyone will be in costume...other than enjoying a beer, music, snacks and scenery (hopefully girls with scantaly clad costumes as well), what can u suggest?

i dont think the scavenger hunt will be appropriate as i dont want people messin with my expensive props

#2 ·
If you are having an alcohol induced party something we have done is give our guests the option to "Tempt Their Fate" throughout the night.

We have a clear fish bowl, crystal ball, etc and place pieces of paper inside. On each slip of paper we have written a different potential "Fate" for guests to pull out of the bowl. The only rule is this: If the guest decides to tempt fate they must be willing to except the consequences or they should NOT partake. Do not hint to the guests what could be on the paper, they must make the decision before pulling out a piece of paper. Ex:

"You have tempted fate and fate shall be lenient, please present this fortune to your Dark Lady for a Treat."

(The guest brings the paper to me and in return I usually do a dramatic display for everyone, because we are nuts like that, and give the guest a candy bar, lottery ticket, gift card etc.)

"You have tempted fate and for this you must be sacrificed! Take this fortune to your Dark Lord for your ultimate demise."

(The guest takes the paper to my husband and in return he pulls out our "Chalice of Cessation", an intimidating chalice filled with a concoction unknown to any human mortal....or in this case a combination of our fav halloween novelty drink "Gangrene"(recipe below), with a splash of Jager & just a hint of anything else hardcore we can find to throw into the cup. Another dramatic display and the guest is "Sacrificed" by drinking the cup.)

Feel free to come up with your own twists of fate, but that should get you started. Its a huge hit at our parties and has become one of our signature games. The trick is to not force people to play, but make it a huge deal and play it up so they WANT to play. Make sure they know there could be consequences and if they decide to play they must follow through. Only the brave may tempt their fate!

This is our Fav Halloween novelty drink recipe. We have included it at all of our Halloween parties since our first party. My husband drank it all night & got so sick on it that I was cleaning green stains out of my hallway carpet to the bathroom for weeks. So naturally it is now apart of every Halloween party is some way or another. (I have no idea how he drank it all night in the first place) So slight warning if you decide to use this, if you dont want your guests wasted, use this ONLY for novelty. lol I dont recommend serving it as one of the normal drinks. Its a huge hit however because of its nastiness.

Yield: 1 Servings
2 ounce Green creme de menthe
1 ½ ounce Vodka
½ ounce Tequila
1 tablespoon Blackberry brandy

Hope this helps!

#7 ·
wow, u seem real cool...i think my wife would get pissed at me if i stained my carpet with puke that took that long to get out!

one time i was so drunk i knocked over lit candles onto the carpet and it has been forever stained since...i tell ya she was not too impressed!

#3 ·
Last year we did a "Horror Movie Trivia Challenge". Some of our decorations alluded to well-known horror films. The challenge was to figure out which decorations were from movies and which movies they were from. I assigned point values based upon the difficulty of the clue and the relative obscurity of the movie. Here is an example: In one bathroom I splashed blood all over the inside of the tub and the shower curtains and had a butcher knife in the tub. I also wrote "redrum" in lipstick on the mirror behind the bathroom door. I also had a bloody bucket with a rope attached to it poised above the bathroom door. Those clues would be for "Psycho", "The Shining", and "Carrie" respectively. I had clues for 25 or so movies. The guests had a blast trying to figure out all the clues. The cool thing is that you can play while still drinking and talking with people. Anyway, at the end of the night, the guest with the highest point total won. The prize was a gift certificate to Blockbuster. Hope this helps.

#6 ·
I'm not sure how well games go over at adult parties with socializing and alcohol.

Some things that have gotten play here are:

-Truth or Dare Jenga. The pieces have questions on them or acts you have to perform. Nothing too crazy, the most extreme being pinch the butt of the person to your left, etc.. You pull out a piece and have to do what it says or answer the question.

-Shocker game (spencers)

And that's it! Usually people are into whatever.

We had trivia and only one person showed interest.

I am thinking about giving everyone a toe tag and when you get someone to say a forbidden word, you get their tag. The person with the most tags at the end of the game wins a prize.

#9 ·
We've tried several different games at our parties. Scavenger hunts went over good but we always have a problem with the weather here in Holland. It rains ALOT! For the scavenger hunts that we did have, we planted things close by the house and in the park a few feet away.
Another game we did was the wheel of torture. I had high hopes for that game but it didn't go over very well. I think we had too many people and not enough people with halloween trivia knowledge. I split the group up into 3 teams with each time having an american capt. They had to spin the wheel. If it landed on torture, they were directly tortured. If it landed on a trivia category, they had to answer a question in that category. An incorrect answer resulted in a torture. Biggest problem seemed to be keeping the other two teams focused while the third team was busy with spinning, answering and being tortured.
Last year I came up with a game based on what I read on this forum. Several people were doing a murder mystery type game. I didn't really have the time or creativity to think up my own murder mystery. So what I did was to set up random clues in our 'hard rot cafe' and then split the guests into 3 CSI teams. They were given the task of solving the mystery of what happened in the 'hard rot cafe'. The team that came up with the best story won. They did come up with some reallllly creative stories lol I got so many compliments about the game that I've decided to do something similiar this year.
This year our theme is the mad scientist. I've started the game with the invitations. Using the spider invitation that was posted on this forum as an example, I sent out our invitations in the form of a desperate letter asking for help. I put in the letter that Pieter (my husband) was acting very strange the past weeks. He always acts strange around halloween but this time he's totally flipped out. I also added something about the weird noises and laughter I heard coming from his workroom, etc. I added that I noticed in his journal that he's planning on carrying out this plan on the 27th of oct (date of our party) and where his workroom is located (our address). I also stated that children should be left at home since Pieter could use them in his plan. I then desperately pleaded for help with stopping Pieter and promised to reward those that help with a fanastic party after he is stopped.
The night of the party, Pieter will be dressed as the mad scientist and we will have a lab set up under our carport. Once again we will split up the guests into teams and let them have a go at finding out what Pieter is up to based on what they find in the lab. I hope it goes as well as last year.

By the way, here's a pic of the wheel of torture:

MsM

#10 ·
Vancouver: The whole "Gangrene" drink idea was mine, and it WAS a party with alcohol...I just couldn't be mad at him. lol However I will tell you he has been teased immensly throughout the years. :p The way I look at it, I'd much rather clean up my husbands puke than someone else's...so in a way I'm relieved it was him and not another ghastly goul. Fun can sometimes = consequences, I'll take my chances.

BTW, we are reworking the fate game this year as our theme is a vampire theme. We will be using a black or red crushed velvet bag and placing red & white polished decorating stones in it (For lack of better ideas; We're going for a semi-sophisticated vampire look). White = Good Fate & Red = Sacrifice. We may add a black stone in the mix for a "Grand Prize" of some sort. Throughout the night we are going to work in a short song or sound into our music playlist and have it randomly play throughout the night. Once the sound/song plays, no matter what we are doing we will stop and give our guests a chance to tempt their fate. If anyone has any other good ideas to jazz it up a bit lemme know! :)

#53 ·
We done the Tempt your Fate at our party last year, but what we did was place orange and black baloons all over our basement with different fates inside them, and then when someone wanted to tempt their fate, they had to pop a baloon, that way everyone at the party knew someone was playing, and would stop to see what they got.

#11 ·
Here's one we've played the last 2 years and has been a hit!

Its the winking murder game but with a twist:

First, you write several (# of guests) pieces of paper with everyones "death" written on there. Within those papers, you have ONE "killer".

As guests come in, everyone takes one piece of paper and DOES NOT share with anyone! The murder is to WINK at his victim whenever he/she wishes. That means he has just killed you. THe victim must die within 5 minutes of being winked at (this way the murder has time to leave the scene).

We loved this game because it made people interact, it continued all night long, and there was entertainment (the deaths) very often. Plus, if someone doesnt play, it doesnt really throw things off.

I have lots of details if you're interested...just PM me. Also we worked out the "what ifs"....like what if someone who doesnt want to play gets the murder card. Even though thats the easiest job, most of the time the anti social guest likes it, because they dont have to act anything out, just wink!

Example:
The deaths could be anything:
*dance to death
*swarms of bees have stung you to death
*shot 100 times to death

YOu'd be surprised how people can really get into it!

#14 ·
I'm glad you like it! The game is an absolute hit. As far as different twists of fate, when we play it we usually use the sacrificial cup/drink if the guest pulls out a Sacrificed slip. Depending on the type of crowd you have, I'm sure you could come up with other sacrifice ideas though. We use the drink because everyone hates it! lol We have some pretty decent drinkers amongst our friends but no one can stand the taste of "Gangrene". :p

Prizes for a lenient fate in the past we have done lottery tickets, gift cards, king sized candy bars, candles, halloween tot buckets with horror movies, popcorn & theatre tickets, spa gift certificates, little bottles of alcohol, wine & boxes of Godiva chocolates. The prizes don't have to be expensive and you can put rules in place that if a person is sacrificed once they can't play anymore because they are dead, etc.

I'll dig around and see what other twists of fate we have used in the past and post them for you. I know this year we are having a Vampire Masqerade theme so we are putting red & clear decorating stones into a velvet bag. Red stones will be sacrifices & clear stones will be good fate. We will also throw in a single black stone as the "immortal" stone and the recipient of that stone will win the grand prize. (Not sure what the big prize will be yet). We are also working into our music play list a short scary sound or song that will play randomly throughout the night and signify, no matter what we are doing, that it's time for someone to tempt their fate.

#15 ·
Rya,

I must've misread the game you posted the first time. After the details you just gave...i think i may do it this year!

p.s...about the murder winking one...we would give a prize to the best death. Usually it was pretty obvious, but you could have everyone vote if you think its close.

#16 ·
rya,

so i just shared the "fate" game with my husband and we love it. we were borderline about having a party or not, but now we're in! Just cuz we have a game....hehehehe

we did think of a twist though. we decided that instead of a fishbowl, we would put the fates in balloons. this way we will hear when someone is testing their fate. otherwise we could miss someone taking a piece from the bowl.
we;ll have a special "dagger" or "sword" that will be what evryone will use to pop the balloon...and we can decorate around it where we can explain the rules.

eekkk :D we're excited!

p.s...if you're in southern california...a good grand prize could be 2 tickets to "halloween haunt" at univeral studios

ps

#17 ·
Sweet! Thats an excellent twist on the game and I'm glad it has been helpful in presuading you to have a party. Muwahahaha.....my plans are working! :p

To solve the issue with the fishbowl and people taking slips of paper without us knowing it, we always hide the fishbowl/container until its time for a sacrifice. We then have a friend present the bowl to a willing participant as my hubby and I stand in different dark corners of the room, watching. We make it quick and simple this way everyone has a chance to watch what is happening.

The balloon idea is great because that gives people time to contemplate throughout the night if they want to do it or not. Some that are not brave may see someone else get a good prize and they may be willing to "Tempt Fate" themselves after observing.

btw, I wasn't sure how we would award a prize for the wink murder game. I was playing with the idea of giving a prize to the person who survived the longest, but without telling anyone how you win a prize until after the game was over. This way the wink murderer couldn't play favorites. :D Maybe I'll sprinkle in a few prizes for the best deaths. I like that that idea. Thanks again!

#18 ·
Game ideas

We've done party games for a few years each Halloween. All of them have been a big hit with our friends (except the one based on $25,000 Pyramid, maybe we need new friends!).

Feel free to use any of them, or write back if you've got questions on how they're played. Hope your party's a huge success!

(Ack, my post count isn't high enough to include a link -- you can turn this into a url easily -- home.comcast.net/~fenugreek/Halloween/games/Halloween_games.htm)

#19 ·
We have always played the murder game and awarded the best death and the murderer got a prize if he/she was able to kept their identity a secret. If not, whoever discovered the murderer won a prize.

This year I was looking for a new game -- LOVE Tempt Your Fate!!! Thanks for the great idea. We are having an ice luge -- so taking a shot from the luge will be our Twist of Fate. It's the perfect game to pull it all together!

Thanks again!!

#20 ·
The Archives are full of great adult ideas and I have posted there a few times so I will just be brief here.

Scavenger Hunts-we have had several different kinds. We do NOT have people leave the house/yard as they have been drinking.

Misc scavenger: The easiest one is to go through your junk drawer and come up with approx 30 items (some duplicates are just great also) then make a list of those items. Throw them around house/yard. Give guests/couples a list of items and guest/couple finding the most items after specific amount of time wins.

Match your theme: one year we did 'The Birds" and birds were hidden all over and people had to find them. We did this in groups. This year we have a pirate theme, keys will be hidden in yard in plastic small treasure chests. Groups will need to find treasure chests and then will use keys found to unlock treasure chests. there will be three-one will be a grand prize with movies and misc prizes and the other two will have minimal items in them. One group could win all three chests. (we are using decorated/painted metal tool boxes for the treasure chests)

Killer -We have played "Killer" many times at many parties. We almost always play it when we play cards or board games with a group of adults. We usually pass out playing cards to all who want to play. The jack with the axe is the killer and everyone else is victims. We don't do anything with how someone pretends to die. Just the killer attempting to kill everyone with a wink. Killer can always lie but victims cannot. This way the killer can ask people if they are dead so he/she can be sure they saw his/her wink. If the killer is asked he can lie and say yes he is dead. And victims who thought they may have seen someone wink can ask the person they saw winked at if they are dead or not too. The killer wins if he successfully kills all who are playing. A victim wins if he can correctly identify the killer.

Deadly Feud: we set up a game of family feud. "Family" groups competed for prizes. This went over very good although only 24 people could play.

Trivia: we usually have a small trivia game each year also. This year we have put together a memory quiz relating to the 9 years we have held this party. Some questions are: who won best overall prize in 2000. What costumes did the host and hostess wear in each year? What special event happened in 2003 (host proposed to hostess), what game did we play in 2002 etc. We assume someone who comes every year will win but we figure who better to win!

We have played many more and I have listed in great detail on other game threads in the archives.

#21 ·
since i've had a few PMs, here are more details on the winking murder game. This is what i would hand out on the pieces of paper:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You are tonight’s murderer!!!
You have tonight’s easiest role!
Your job is to “kill” everyone at the party before the night is over. You will do this by winking one eye at them.
Be sly, cautious, & subtle. Everyone knows there is a winking killer on the loose. So, they may try to avoid eye contact with you.
Your victims will have 3 minutes, after being winked at/murdered, to die. Therefore, you have time to flee the crime scene, get a good seat, and enjoy watching them die…(they have a pre-determined death in their hands).
Let the killings begin!
Enjoy!

BEWARE!!!
There is a winking killer amongst us!
Yes, you read correctly…winking! Before the night is over, the murderer will make eye contact with you and wink one eye. This means you have just been killed!
Your murderer has decided to end your life by:

HAVING YOU LAUGH YOURSELF TO DEATH!!!

You will have 3 minutes to choose where you’d like to die…then…die.
Yes…we must see you die. Remember, the killer will not perform the action… that is your job! The killer will wink and expect you to complete the death. So, the more creative, dramatic, and visible the death…the better we will remember you by.
Once you have been killed, do not reveal the killer…or you will be very lonely on the other side.

I would obviously just do 1 murderer, and for the rest, i would print out several sheets, then just handwrite a different death for each one.
i put out about 3/4 of the papers WITH the murder one in there. Then as people continue to show up, i put in more deaths if i need to. That way i didnt have left overs and risk the chance for the murder one not to get chosesn.

#23 ·
Exquisite Corpse

This game has many variations, from building sentences to drawing works of art. In my family, we take a notebook for each person and in it they write the first sentence of a Halloween story and then pass the notebook to the right. The next person in the circle adds a sentence until the notebook comes back full circle. The person who started the story then gets to read his/her creation out loud to the group. It's very fun how some of them turn out.

#24 ·
Winking Game Question

How do you ensure that the person who is chosen to be the murderer isn't one of those people who leave the party early? I can tell from my invitee list who's likely to leave by 9 pm (mostly parents with kids) and others who are likely to leave later than that.

#26 ·
Vancouver,

I once had a problem with black candle wax on the carpet too. The best way to get it out, and keep the wife happy, is take an old rag and place it on top of the cooled wax then run a hot iron on top of it. All (or at least a great majority) of the wax it pulled upward into the rag and out of the carpet.

#27 ·
I am going with Scary Pictionary for the Girls night out. Here is my list of 100 words I have found from searching here there and everywhere. I am going to put them in categories yet like Movies, Thing etc. to help a bit but not much.

FREDDY (NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST)
HOWL
DUNGEON
WICKED
STABBING
GALLOWS
CREATURE FROM BLACK LAGOON
SPOOKY
EXECUTE
DISEMBODIED SPIRIT
UNDERTAKER
WOLVES
GHOST SHIP
CLEAVER
JASON (FRIDAY THE 13TH)
THING (FROM ADAMS FAMILY)
HOMICIDAL MANIAC
WITCHING HOUR
HEARSE
GOBLIN
CHUCKY (CHILDS PLAY)
DEMONS
HARRY POTTER
PHANTOM
ELECTRIC CHAIR
MR. HYDE (DR. JEKYL & MR. HYDE)
RAVEN
ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES
DAWN OF THE DEAD
ALIEN
CREEPSHOW
FORTUNE TELLER
TAROT CARD
KING KONG
THE WOLFMAN (DOUBLE?)
THE BLOB
CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON
SWAMP THING
ELVIRA
BOOGEYMAN
CADAVER
GUILLOTINE
SCREAMS
OCCULT
GOURDS
IMPALE
BATS
SPIDER
WITCH
JACK O LANTERN
GRAVEYARD
CANDY CORN
VAMPIRE
DEVIL
WEREWOLF
GHOST
MUMMY
CAULDRON
BLACK CAT
COFFIN
ZOMBIE
HEADLESS HORSEMAN
TOMBSTONE
FRANKENSTEIN
MAD SCIENTIST
HAUNTED HOUSE
FLYING BROOM
SKULLS
SCARECROW
INDIAN CORN
SKELETON
TRICK OR TREATERS
BONES
FULL MOON
COBWEBS
POTIONS
HAYRIDE
MASK
BLOODY AXE
OWL
EYEBALLS
GUTS
NIGHTMARE BEFORE XMAS
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
GHOSTBUSTERS
SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
THE GREAT PUMPKIN
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
PYSCHO
STAKE THRU THE HEART
CEMETARY
FANGS
BOBBING FOR APPLES
MONSTER MASH
DAY OF THE DEAD
HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME
BATS IN THE BELFRY
A BAT OUTTA HELL
GRAVE DIGGER
SCARED STIFF
WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER
GHOST STORY
TIL DEATH DO US PART
BONE DADDY
DEVILS BREW
DEAD AS A DOOR KNOB
HIGH SPIRITS
SCARED TO DEATH
CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE

#30 ·
We are going to do a little drinking game with single-serving bottles. The premise is that each guest has been poisoned or otherwise afflicted with some dread condition, and must drink an antidote of their own choosing. The antidote bottles will be hidden under a cloth in a box, and the guests must figure out what they want to drink by feel. If you know your liquor really well, you can recognize the brand by the shape of the little bottle, and get exactly what you want. If not, you get something random, interesting and hopefully tasty.

I'm thinking that people will only get access to the antidote bottle tray after completing a task. The task this year will be "Guess My Own Name" where you get a name pinned to your back and have to figure out who you are, using only yes-or-no questions. The names will all be halloween or horror related, of course. That will be incentive to get people interacting. The incentive to complete the task will be that there is only one of each kind of liqueur in the antidote tray, so people who finish early get best pick. Of course there will be sufficient ordinary drinks so that won't be that much of a problem for late finishers.

Hmmm. Depending on how enthusiastically people imbibe, I may want to do the same thing with peoples' car keys....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.