Halloween Forum banner

Leatherface Texas Chainsaw Massacre Costume

28K views 108 replies 8 participants last post by  xxScorpion64xx 
#1 ·
Leatherface Remake Texas Chainsaw Massacre Costume

WIP

OK I get a billion requests to make these and I have wanted to make one for a long time now, so now it is time...This prototype may be for sale once done or I may keep it for myself and do another one to sell not sure yet. Gonna be SICK!

Cutting the brown tarp which is the same material used in the movie Andrew Bryniarski himself told me. Judging by most of the shots in the movie it looks to be perfect! Adding the faux multi-layers at the bottom and top. Lots more to come!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks there is no concern as this tarp is heavy duty and you can't rip it even when cuts are made as it is strung together inside and almost impossible to rip even cut, and I am a strong muscular guy. All my costumes are made to last and still look great. Even with my New Bloods which are more likely to rip if weathered too much since they are cotton, I make them so they last and still look great. But trust me this tarp is not ripping. Even one string is hard as hell to break!

#5 ·
Yeah it is heavy duty tarp I got it on eBay awhile ago the same at the hardware store if Heavy Duty. It is has super strong string inside it so you can't rip it as I said even when you cut it. I am SirBrad FX (sirbrad4) on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/sirbrad4 I also post all my stuff on the forums and facebook.com/sirbrad4. So I don't use a website as all my work is commission based. You can see my first TCM Beginning costume/life-sized on here and those sites. Yeah I am mostly known for my New Bloods, also pics on here and Youtube. I also do Chainsaws which are a major pain so not selling those right now. But you can see them all there. If you ever want a costume let me know and I can give you quotes. I get fully backed by about June. Thisone may be for sale or I may keep it not sure yet but I can do more or if commissioned and I have an opening.

#14 ·
Perfect shirt I found years ago green with stripes and textured. It is a 3XL so lots of room for the added bulk and santa belly! Not quite as dark as shown here, over-embellished due to low lighting. But only the top part, back, and sleeves will be seen mostly anyway.

#19 ·
Yes it looks wet when dry. I have my own secret recipe that took me many years to make but you can buy perma blood as well. I use all kinds of stuff for chunks, tissue as well as for flesh, coffee grounds etc. On my beginning costume I also added chunks of bloody flesh and pieces of hair on the saw as well.

#22 ·
OK time to repaint the Tommy 2.0 to get that white/gray look in the movie with dark highlights. Started with a white basecoat with a hint of gray and dry brushed it mostly and already liking the look! Will also help it be seen at night more once done Addison's old paint up looked like leather and was brown so making it more like the new one. Might also add some yellow tones not sure yet as this may be good enough once done. I also do not have an airbrush yet but will be getting one soon. But I am used to using brushes a lot it is just harder to do especially once a mask is haired and stitched already which means I have to try and avoid every stitch or just go back and paint them black with a thin brush.

I don't want it too dark but will be making the crevices, lips, and eyes darker. I want it to be seen well at night. The one in the movie was not that dark in the behind scenes video and shows well in the dark lighting scenes. That is what I am going for. But first basecoat dry brush done!

#24 ·
Added another wash of dark brown and blacks and in the crevices. Now adding all the darker highlights of the eyes, lips, edges and high points, and the mask is now darker and dirtier. Wow not bad for my first Leatherface paint up with regular brushes! Can't wait to do more!

#27 ·
OK it is all done, and I absolutely LOVE how it came it out! This time did costume test shots first and doing the life-sized next to show the detail outdoors. For reference I am 5'10" in shoes and 175 LBS muscular build. I wear a large shirt but this is a 3XL and I added two muscle suits and a Santa belly and it came out perfect! Lots more pics on my Facebook.com/sirbrad4 as it takes less time to upload and will have videos soon! I used my custom 74 chainsaw as I sold my remakes, and this is my personal saw that I made for all my costumes as I like how the yellow shows the blood and weathering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.