Halloween Forum banner

Spirit Halloween In-Store Experiences 2011

6K views 38 replies 31 participants last post by  Spinechiller 
#1 ·
Check out the new video that Spirit Halloween has just posted. Spirit Halloween In-Store Experiences 2011 - Makes me want to go now!

#6 ·
Here's my 2010 experience: I was not pleased in the least. The Spirit Halloween store did not open on time, leaving myself and a few others out in the pouring rain, and when it finally did, the employees acted like it was beneath them to help anyone; seemed to me like we had just woken them from a nap and they were cranky because of it:p

The video is very cool, and I realize that the stores are franchises, so I am willing to give Spirit the benefit of the doubt and try again this year. *Crosses fingers*

#8 ·
Why did they think they needed those special video effects? To make the props look good. Most of those props should be fine without the stupid FX in that vid.

In fact, in some of those closeups, a few of them look REALLY plastic.

Sorry, just not a fan of a lot of the props this year. There's a couple I dig, but most are just meh for me.

#9 ·
Im hoping I walk into this. It looks great. I dont how many remember last years Spirit fiascos where so many of the stores didnt get half their merchandise in due to "shipping problems" overseas.

#10 ·
The spirit store by me had trouble finalizing a location last year, opened late, and the displays suffered because of it. I think the numbers and variety of props are seriously great this year. It's really kind of a zombie theme and I'm glad. I've been sick to death of clowns. Zombies are always in style! Have you noticed animations have gotten more intricate this year? I hope sales are strong because it could be just the thing to push the budget animated prop design right over the top for next year. Most animated props do almost everything this year. I think next year could be the breakthroughs in animated design, at this budget level. We'll see.

About the vid- I like any vid but I agree- less fx's. Make it cool and fun, but let the props speak more for themselves. Watching those vids, a lot of people actually find more coverage of the props themselves in context, the deciding factor for purchase. I know I do.

Dan

#13 ·
that video is perfect timing... I needed a H'ween fix. The 'girlie' H'ween stuff that is in at the other stores right now just ain't doing it for me.... yeah, y'all go ahead and throw rotten tomatoes :D.... But, I don't like sissy stuff and I certainly don't like glitter.... gag... ( no offense Spookilious. :D )

Looking forward to visiting my Spirit.

sing with me, everyone... I got the Spirit for Spirit... :D

gimme a couple of minutes and I'll come up with a better song/ cheer. LOL

#14 ·
I have been going to Spirit many many years now. I even applied to work there a few times. Never got called back except for two years ago when I applied for assistant manger position. I was offered the job and was even told my pay. They said they would call me back and never did. I even called them and every time the guy was "too busy" to take my call. That left a negative feeling towards that store. Every time I go inside a Spirit store the employees are goofing off or have no clue what I am talking about. I wonder where they find those people at. Many they find people to don't mind working for minimum.

#15 ·
I see a few people are commenting negatively about their experience with Spirit store staff. Two years ago I found the Staff to be FANTASTIC here in Ottawa. The Regional Manager spent a lot of time at these locations and he knew a lot of customers by name. He was awesome and the staff reflected his enthusiasm and level of commitment to service. Last year they were better than most retail stores. I certainly won't complain about the level of service I have received. Last years decrease would mostly be attributed to, too many customers not enough staff. Their intentions were fantastic and knowledge was acceptable. If they needed assistance they were very quick at getting me the answers. Ottawa has had a good group the last two years. I hope they continue to be as strong as in the past.

#17 ·
I am so pissed this year with Spirit! The last 2 years there has been a Spirit store in my neck of the woods! I live in Ny but where I live is like an hour out of NYC. This year there is not 1 Spirit store around me at all! All the stores are like an hour away! Yeah I'm mad!

#18 ·
I would not get bummed too much yet, I hear that there are a lot of stores that have not been added to the store locator.

Speaking of that, I hope that there is one closer to me too. For a few years I have been spoiled with one really close.

#20 ·
The Spirit sign just went up a couple of days ago. My one regret is their location. It is a rather small location, not allowing for the full on prop display madness. I guess I should be grateful I have one five minutes from my house. I cannot wait for their opening. It is like Christmas morning, seeing what displays they have up and decor/theme they have going. It's almost here!!!! Halle-freakin-lujah!

#23 ·
Drove by my local Spirit yesterday and it had the small poster on the door "Spirit coming soon"....Also a "Taking Applications!" poster....I could see in the windows and it only has a few things set up so far so it's going to be awhile yet.....I didn't realize they had "shipping issues" last year....I was able to get everything I wanted and it was alot at my local store....My list is a fairly good size this year too so hopefully they have everything so I can see it in action......I'm extending my walk through another 8.6 feet by 24 feet to house some of the new stuff plus some of the stuff I didn't use last year.....I agree the props have more animation than any other year....ZR

#25 ·
Believe it or NOT but the SPIRIT store here has been open for over a week now. I just found out yesterday during my lunch break so I had to stop and ck it out.. It looks just like that video too... except for the baby's they where just set up on a table. I will say that my favorite prop that looked more realistic was the eaten alive and Frankenstein. I want too go back today!!!!!

#26 ·
All of these comments about bad service are giving me a push to go above and beyond this year, our store is scheduled to open tomorrow. I can't wait to work, I still havent gotten an answer if Im working opening day or not:(. I even got my costume done up ahahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.