Helloooo all my favourite All Hallows brainiacs!!
Due to having a rather lousy 2008, I find myself not really in the mood for throwing a big party this year, as I had previously been planning (but just wait till next year!). But the idea of not doing anything is unfathomable! Preposterous! No way!
So, the plan instead is to throw a large Mexican-themed Day of the Dead party. It will be the Saturday before the 31st, to coincide with my 30th birthday, and will be a (potentially awkward?) mix of friends, relatives and neighbours. I'm hoping the weather will hold, a nice indian summer so I can have it outside, and I've tried to research it as best I can.
What I have planned so far:
- lots of pillar candles, with a few coloured glass ones I found in a catholic store
- old pictures of family members no longer with us
- trying to find some Mexican fabrics to use as table runners
- Bucky! He'll be wearing a poncho, sombrero and a nice moustache
- yellow crepe streamers to string around the house
- orange icicle lights around the umbrella & tent on the patio
- chilli lights (looking for more, I only have 2 strands) for the kitchen
- I'll be making sugar skulls and will probably give them out with a small candy bag on the 31st
- also want to have as many bunches of flowers, especially marigolds as I can, but I'm going to have to start digging up all the ones I can find and put them inside as we're getting a cold spell thanks to Ike!
Anyway, I think I can do up the house really nice, but I'm feeling spread thin for decorating the patio. Does anyone have ideas? Or how I could keep this theme going into a potential (but small) yard haunt after the party?
Many thanks in advance.....