Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

Join Halloween Forum today. It is free! Your #1 Halloween community since 2002.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SCARYFORNIA
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Great idea !
    MY PIRATE PICS http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ate%20Gallery/
    "This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough hunchbacks."

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lindside west virginia
    Posts
    6,546
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default

    Love it!!Can't wait to see the progress.
    Ya know I had never heard of lizzy until ghost hunters went to investigate where it all happened.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    I live in a small town in NC. USA.
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Arlita, gonna do the whole Lizzy Borden life size body with hand ax....blood splatters etc. Should be fun!

    Looking forward to seeing the completed tombstone, very creative !


    BTW, did you all know that the REAL Lizzy Borden house in Fall River , Mass. is a B&B and you can sleep in the "Murder Rooms" ?
    "Imagination is the theater of the mind wherein true horror is enacted and nightmares become reality" - Vincent Price

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Real events creep me out more than movies. Lizzy's story is one of those, and I LOVE your concept for her tombstone. I put her name and dates on one of mine last year, though I admit I like your concept better. I want to fix mine up this year with a skull near the top, I don't like the way it turned out. For my names I chose some of the creepiest people from history, and she's certainly one of them! You can see my Lizbeth Borden stone on the left in this pic (by the skeleton).



    The other 2 names are Sarah Winchester (Winchester Mystery House) and Alan Pinkerton (Pinkerton Detectives - my grandparents stayed in his house in Illinois for a time when they were young. They told me some of the best ghost stories I've ever heard!). This year I'm adding John Bell and a few others.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MISSOURI
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frughoul View Post
    Real events creep me out more than movies. Lizzy's story is one of those, and I LOVE your concept for her tombstone. I put her name and dates on one of mine last year, though I admit I like your concept better. I want to fix mine up this year with a skull near the top, I don't like the way it turned out. For my names I chose some of the creepiest people from history, and she's certainly one of them! You can see my Lizbeth Borden stone on the left in this pic (by the skeleton).



    The other 2 names are Sarah Winchester (Winchester Mystery House) and Alan Pinkerton (Pinkerton Detectives - my grandparents stayed in his house in Illinois for a time when they were young. They told me some of the best ghost stories I've ever heard!). This year I'm adding John Bell and a few others.
    What do you mean I think your stones look great don't change a thing, I will have to check out Sarah Winchester and Alan Pinkerton not familar with them.
    The other tombstone I was thinking about doing was Bonnie and Clade I want to find the poem that Bonnie wrote and put on a stone.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MISSOURI
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Mad Mad Mark, Yes I did see that Lizzy Borden's house is a B&B maybe we should all book the rooms and have a sť∑ance to ask her what really happened. Ooooooooh Creepy making my hairs stand on end.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lindside west virginia
    Posts
    6,546
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlita View Post
    Mad Mad Mark, Yes I did see that Lizzy Borden's house is a B&B maybe we should all book the rooms and have a sť∑ance to ask her what really happened. Ooooooooh Creepy making my hairs stand on end.
    I like to talk about creepy things but to actually see something I would probaly pass out.Watching ghost hunters gives me enough chills when they catch voices and stuff.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlita View Post
    What do you mean I think your stones look great don't change a thing, I will have to check out Sarah Winchester and Alan Pinkerton not familar with them.
    The other tombstone I was thinking about doing was Bonnie and Clade I want to find the poem that Bonnie wrote and put on a stone.
    For sure check out the Winchester Mystery house. It's a very strange and creepy place in San Jose California. Old Lady Winchester believed that angry spirits dictated to her that she needed to build on her house 24 hours a day or bad things would happen to her. This ended up creating strange things like doors to nowhere, stairs that go up into the ceiling, a "seance" room. It is for sure on my list of places I need to visit before I die.
    Rev. Noch
    2008, 2009 Official Denver Haunt Critic http://www.HauntedDenver.com
    LaserQuest Colorado, Team Paragon (R.I.P.)
    North America Challenge Champs '01 '02 '03

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MISSOURI
    Posts
    476

    Default Finished carving the letters

    I finished carving the epitaph and recessed the area for the frame and glued it with liquid nails.
    YouTube - Lizzy Borden Tombstone

    YouTube - Lizzy Borden Tombstone PICTURE MOUNTED

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere West of the Rockies
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    OooooOoo I think Lizzie is talking to me.. yes, yes.. ok, I will tll her. Lizzy wants to come to MY house next halloween and I think you should listen to her!! LOL!! It looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing it all done.

 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •