Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

Join Halloween Forum today. It is free! Your #1 Halloween community since 2002.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK - NJ, US
    Posts
    627

    Default

    We've got the same forecast.

    The party on Fri will still go ahead, though it'll be annoying to have to keep it indoors for the second year running and cancel all the outdoor stuff.

    But if it rains on saturday i'll sadly have to cancel 95% of my haunt, i'll keep what i can up for TOT'ers. If there are any, and just turn out into town to the bars hours earlier than planned.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    East Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Seems like we're going to get rain too, grrr I hate the British weather. Typical it's nice and sunny today

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    wordsley/ in the west midlands
    Posts
    13

    Default

    i have been checking the local forcast for my area in the midlands and touch wood its looking ok. cloudy with light showers, but turning stormy sunday with strong winds and heavy rain. it looks like i will be dismantling my haunt as soon as my party ends on saturday night, best not drink to much lol

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hamilton Ohio
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Okay so it went from a 80% chance Halloween night to a 20% chance i swear i hate meteorologists.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stratford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    170

    Default

    I try to not look at the weather for Halloween, but I often just can't help it. Yesturday it said 7 C and cloudy with 30% POP on Halloween and now today Halloween is supposed to be 11C and light rain with 80% POP.

    It's such a crap shoot with a haunt; It's just one of the those things that you put a ton of effort into and if the weather goes right, it works out incredible and if the weather goes wrong it could mean disspointment. The risk has always been too much for me, so I've refrained from doing a haunt.

    It's tough when your favourite holiday depends so much on the weather. Frankly, for me, as long as it's clear between prime TOTing hour (which for our city is about 6:30 - 8:00), then I'm happy. And even if it rains, there will always be die hard TOTers that will stop by in any weather.

    Pumpkins will be out, costume will be on and candy will be ready regardless.

    And for those with haunts: Although the effort you put into it all year was sometimes vigorous and stressful, you have to admit it was probably fun as well...So if pessimism starts to sink in, at least take that thought with you.
    "You've heard of the fury of a woman scorned, haven't you? Well, that's nothing compared to the fury of a woman who has been cheated out of trick-or-treats." - Linus Van Pelt

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
    mostly all of my haunted house is covered, about 95% i jus wonder if people will still go out.
    I'm still nervous about it here. Says it's not supposed to in MI, but what do they know?? Years ago when it rained on Halloween here, like 3 years in a row, I do remember there were still people out and about. So not everyone will give it up in the rain, but it won't be anything like we might expect on a dry day.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    375

    Default

    I'm excited! Looks like the entirety of Virginia is suppose to have no rain. Friday high of 60's, Saturday high of ~80 something. Party cloudy. Perfect! Let's keep it this way please!!!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Eerie, PA
    Posts
    5,431

    Default

    Prepare for the best, plan for the worst! That is to say, set up like it's going to be a nice night, but have a back up plan for inclement weather. The forecast here has changed about 4-5 times in the past week and now looks very promising; rain in the morning but drying/clearing a bit by evening. My experience is that TOT's still come out in the rain. Maybe not as many but you'll still get the die hards and older kids. I have everything set up except the majority of the front yard cemetery and animatronics which will go out Saturday afternoon.
    Have faith and just enjoy it. You can't control the weather but you can control your attitude about it!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    4,858

    Default

    Yesterday, our weather was supposed to be fine for Saturday.

    Today, a HUGE front moved through, 30-something MPH winds, HEAVY rains (we got over 5 inches in as many hours!) and now they are saying that it's going to rain all day Friday and into Saturday morning... but may be clear that evening. BUT there are flood watches and warning out.

    I'm sick, hubby is sick, freaking rain won't stop, I have repairs I need to make to some of the props not even counting setup, and we're going to be trying to celebrate our anniversary too.

    I feel the need to whine a little... sorry.
    I'm a Halloween Bride! 10/31/2002

    Where there is no imagination there is no horror.
    ~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oakland County Michigan, USA.
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Michigan: Rain today and into Halloween morning...then hopefully clearing mid-day, but the wind is expected to be gusting into the 25 mph range. So much for my fog machines and chillers! Keeping fingers crossed that all the tombstones will stay put. Its going to be pretty chilly tomorrow tonight.
    Don't Fear The Reaper...They move up the drive past Jason, Freddy, Michael. *The mad doctor leers at them. *They pass the Reaper holding a very real scythe, suddenly he moves toward them...someone screams, "omg that one's alive!!!!"
    http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/dpolking/

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •